Tiger Games

Discussion in 'macOS' started by djstarrock, Dec 2, 2006.

1. djstarrock macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

2. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

3. djstarrock thread starter macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

4. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Then you should have said that.

The answer is - because games aren't "important" to Apple when they spend all their time developing the OS, iLife, and iWork. Theres lots of free games you can download here.

5. djstarrock thread starter macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

6. Queso macrumors G4

Go to Versiontracker.com and download some of the freeware ones. A lot of them are good enough to have been bundled had Apple wanted.

7. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

"It" never came with games - certain Macs at various times were packaged with games. Old iBooks came with Bugdom, the original iMacs came with Nanosaur, some Performas came with Descent... and some recent Macs came with Marble Blast Gold.

...and of course some Macs don't come with anything. Games were never actually part of the operating system, though (except Chess and Jigsaw Puzzle).

Now why exactly nobody knows, but Apple has no experience developing games, and there are probably licensing hassles with bundling games from third parties.

8. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

except for brick, solitare, vortex, and a few others...
    ;)

9. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Which version of the Mac OS ever came with those as part of the OS? I have 6.0.7 on floppies, 7.1, 7.5, 7.6.1, 8.0, 8.1, 8.5, 8.6, 9.0.4, 9.1, and 10.2 on CD, and 10.3, and 10.4 on DVD, and have never seen anything other than Chess or Jigsaw Puzzle come as part of the operating system install...

10. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

actually it use to come with tony hawk 3 or 4, not sure which, there are great games in the sites the above posters mentioned

11. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Actually, as I just clarified in your quoted text, the Mac OS never came with such a game. Various Macs were bundled with various games at various points in Apple's history. That is different than the operating system including games.

12. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

No it didn't. I have used Macs since System 7 and have never seen Tony Hawks included in the OS. Refer to dpaanlka's posts above.

13. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

14. Nuks macrumors 6502a

Do any games comes with Intel Macs? I'm having trouble finding the aforementioned chess...

15. Erasmus® macrumors member

free games

hi! can anyone suggest me good free games for mac?

Can anyone also explain to me why you cannot find beat'em up games for mac or pc? I mean those like tekken... thank you!