Tiger has not shipped for me yet. I pre-ordered on the first day. What gives?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by trojan18, Apr 28, 2005.

1. trojan18 macrumors member

Has anyone else's Tiger not shipped yet?

Mine still says preparing shipment...which it's been doing for 48 hours.

It is now almost midnight where I am (9 p.m. Apple time) and it still says "will ship on or before 4/28"

What's the holdup? Tiger Direct?

:mad:

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Tiger Direct is suing Apple over Tiger, maybe Apple is doing what they ask and not shipping them any copies. ;)

3. SAukland macrumors member

Highly doubt it. An actual injunction would be everywhere.
    Perhaps Apple is not holding back their shipments out of courtesy. :rolleyes:

I would call Apple and see whats up. Perhaps they already send it out. A few people noted that they got ship notices at least 12 hours after FedEx picked up the packages.

Here's hoping for you.

4. ibookowner2 macrumors regular

ibookowner2

shipping

does anyone know what shipping company apple uses?

5. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....in USA/Canada, the Tiger orders are going out FedEx....oh yeah!

6. DeadEye686 macrumors member

Yep. I asked the same question earlier today in one of the myriad Tiger threads and several people responded that they were in the same boat as you and I. I called up customer care and had them verify my order - the rep said there's nothing wrong with my order and that I will be receiving my copy tomorrow. We'll see...

7. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

As long as you didn't order from TigerDirect, don't expect any problems.

Of course Apple probably wouldn't go as far as Ford did, sue us -- and we won't sell you anything.

8. Pismo macrumors 6502

Pismo

I ordered my copy of Tiger about an hour after Apple put it on their site for sale. My status STILL says "Processing Order". I'll be surprised if I get it tomorrow and my status stays the same. I got iWork before Apple sent me the e-mail saying it shipped.

9. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Mine was supposed to arrive by Friday @ 4:30pm. But today the FedEx tracking said it was on the truck at 8:03am to be delivered. It never was delivered so at 6pm I went to FedEx and they let me pick it up. I did not order mine until a week after announcement b/c I was waiting to see if my wife would get a free copy d/t being a Student Developer, which Apple was unsure of. Sure enough, the day after I ordered they called to say we would get a free copy, but not until the May mailing for ADC. But I was excited so I did not cancel the order....glad I didn't b/c I'm enjoying Tiger now.

10. DeadEye686 macrumors member

:rolleyes: I just got my email with my link to the Tiger seminar. Still no actual Tiger being shipped to me though :p

11. sorryiwasdreami macrumors 6502a

sorryiwasdreami

Yep, so did mine. However, I am still getting the "preparing shipment" status on the order page. It's been frozen on that for about 3-4 days now, and I ordered my copy at least 2 weeks ago.

12. Parisi macrumors member

Same crap here, I have pre ordered my copy with the educational discount on April 15th, and i have yet to receive word on when it will be shipped, which is odd since it clearly states the following:

OS X V10.4 "TIGER" RETAIL-INT

M9639Z/A

On or before
    04/28/2005

Makes me wonder wheter anyone nearby has received his/her copy yet..

If its meant to be here tomorrow it should have been shipped already.

Anyone else here from upstate ny area?

13. scifi451 macrumors regular

My status was still stuck on preparing for shipment at 11:40 pm on thursday and now after I just checked my copy had been shipped on the 27th... so I will be getting it tomorrow and I am sure that for most people the web status just has not changed yet.. good luck to every one

14. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

broken_keyboard

15. chamrick macrumors newbie

Parisi - there is another thread on this forum about people in the Northeast being served from the PA warehouse who are complaining about their shipments. I am one of them. I just received an email from Apple and they have updated my shipping status to Shipped - but the FedEx Website says my package isn't expected until May 2. What gives? (I live in Ohio by the way)

16. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

They are probably more limited by the number of copies they can ready for shipment per day, it's not like they've got a bunch of North Pole elves working for them. ;)

17. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

broken_keyboard

Hehe... Santa has the capacity to deliver to every good child in one night. I think that's a good standard for FedEx to aspire to... :)

18. Pismo macrumors 6502

Pismo

Just checked my order status about 10 minutes ago and it says my copy of Tiger shipped today via USPS. Not sure if it was sent Express or Priority though. Would be nice if I got it tomorrow.