Tiger install DVDs the wrong type?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jadekitty24, Feb 2, 2006.

1. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

Perhaps not the clearest title, but here we go. I recently got a Powerbook which came with Tiger. I also own a iBook running Jaguar. After using the Powerbook I came to like the OS and decided to pick up a copy for my iBook as well. When I received the DVDs they say "Powerbook G4 Install Disc" on them!! I thought I'd give the installation a shot anyway. No dice. As it turns out the eBay seller I bought this from is not returning any of my emails. Should I call it a day on this topic or is there a way to install this on my iBook?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

There is no way to get that disk working properly, sorry. :(

3. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

Mad Jew is right. You cannot install Tiger on your iBook with those disks, and if that guy on eBay didn't specify that it's only for PowerBooks, then that is a problem. You need to contact eBay and possibly get this guys phone information and call him up.

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

You cannot legally do what you are trying to do anyway. The OS that comes with a machine is licensed for that machine only. You cannot legally install it on multiple computers.

5. jadekitty24 thread starter macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

I figured that was the case. Thanks for all the replies guys. Now to go battle with eBay...