Tiger Install Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by yogi477, Apr 29, 2005.

1. yogi477 macrumors regular

Hi guys,
    I just installed Tiger but before it got to the end it said there were problems installing and it wouldn't work if I tried agin then it restarted again and loaded the OS ok but its being wierd like if I search in Spotlight I get these wierd Martix-type characters in the background in some places. I tried to use Grab to show you but its not there! I also don't seem to have airport admin utility.
    Please help!
    Ryan

2. yogi477 thread starter macrumors regular

Also....

I also can't open word cos I get this:

The application "Word" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "-<Microsoft Word><Microsoft Word><CarbonLib><>"

Or Shockwave INstaller (as that isn't working in Safari) as I get this

The application "Shockwave Installer Slim" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "9<BaseInstaller Carbon><BaseInstaller Carbon><CarbonLib><>"

Please help!!!

3. yogi477 thread starter macrumors regular

Managed to get Capture

I managed to get a screen capture but now I am pretty worried as not much will open because of this Carbonlib thing

Picture is attached, look at the bottom of the spotlight window.

Attached Files:

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Normally I'd say repair permissions but umm...

You sure you can't chuck the DVD back in and do a fresh install? Reformat the hard drive and everything, but it'll need backing up in the meantime. Hopefully, someone else can come up with a less drastic solution.

5. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Did you do a clean install, archive & install, or... whatever the other option is (upgrade probably)?

I always do a clean install of every 10.x release just because so many people seem to have various problems with the other installs... I guess not everybody can do that (backup their stuff) but if you can... I'd highly recommend it...

6. reegez macrumors newbie

tiger shutdown

i've installed tiger on my 2 macs using the upgrade option and now both hang on shutdown - anyone else seen this?

7. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

oh boy are these the first bugs to start showin?