Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sirus The Virus

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 12, 2005
Texas
Ever since I installed Tiger my wireless internet works, but only for about 5 minutes to about an hour. This is really annoying. It's not just Safari it's anything that uses the internet. It will be fast to begin with, then it will start slowing down really fast. if I log off then log back on it will only work for less than 10 minutes. It says my connection is perfect, even when its not even working. I have a Netgear router. Also there are two other machines connected to the network and they have no internet dropouts. This gets more and more annoying every day! It never did this in Panther. Is there a configuration thing in Tiger that I need to do? Is this a bug in Tiger with Netgear routers? Because I'm getting really sick of this!

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
It's possible that your router may just have went bad. I've had this problem many-a time and that was it. Try another router before you try anything!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.