Tiger + iSight any problems?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by millypede, Apr 15, 2005.

1. millypede macrumors 6502

millypede

Hi
    I currently have build 8a245 and i am having problems with my iSight working at all, does anyone else have the same problem?

2. iGary Guest

iGary

3. millypede thread starter macrumors 6502

millypede

Yes

4. Bear macrumors G3

If you're a developer, I suggest that you use the appropriate Apple provided forums to ask your questions. You might want to try the latest version of Tiger you have available to you before you try tracking down issues.

5. iGary Guest

iGary

Yup.

6. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

GilGrissom

sorry guys if this isnt appropriate here.

Does the isight work wiv any webcam enabled program on the mac for instant messaging or just ichat?? (such as msn messenger, for video conferencing or simple webcam viewing!!)

Ta guys!!

7. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

That's a *very* old Tiger developer build. Why would it matter if it works or not? The Tiger GM will be out in just over a week, retail. If you have access to the ADC Tiger seeds, at least work with the latest one: 8A425.

8. rock6079 macrumors 6502

unless theres a differenc in the capital A , is that build not the same as he said he was using ? or did u mean 428 ?

9. chameeeleon macrumors 6502

The original poster said 245, the guy above said 425. See how the first two numbers are reversed? It's ok, I missed it at first too - one of those times where your eyes play tricks.
    And to the off-topic CSI fan, the iSight works with iChat, not MSN Messenger because it does not support ANY webcams on the Macs, and as far as I know works with Yahoo one-way but without audio. You can also use the iSight microphone in Skype.

10. BWhaler macrumors 68020

BWhaler

Sorry, but BullCrap.

If you were a developer:

1) you would know in the release notes the bug issues, and
    2) you wouldn't be coming here with beta build issues. There are much better channels available for legitimate developers to address questions like this.

It's this type of crap which makes Apple limit betas and increases the risk of bugs not being found.

Move on newbie. Move on.

11. millypede thread starter macrumors 6502

millypede

Newbie I might be on Macrumors, but users to macs and stuff I think now, I typod the other build numbers and was using the latest version of seed, I would of done a proper Bur reporting, but it wasnt working, so Im asking a few other people who are also ADC members for some help as we seem to be unable to share Ideas and problems with ourselfs.

So dont shoot me until you have all the info, and because you have been registered a lot longer doesnt mean you are better than anyone else on here.

12. Bear macrumors G3

So ask the other developers on the appropriate Apple provided forums. Asking here about unreleased software could be seen as breaking your non-disclosure agreement.

We had enough info to know that if you were a developer that you had better places to ask and should have known that. And if you weren't a developer, well those who pirate software do get a bad rap here and for a good reason.

13. BWhaler macrumors 68020

BWhaler

Sorry, but nice try.

If you are a developer, use the resources available to you. And since you are a developer, you know what I am talking about.