tiger, isync, bluetooth, and moto razr

Discussion in 'macOS' started by whyrichard, Jun 28, 2005.

1. whyrichard macrumors 68000

Aug 15, 2002
    i just upgraded to tiger, having been told that tiger's isync can sync bluetoothly to moto's razr, but alas, IT'S STILL NOT WORKING!

what am i doing wrong?
    i'm downloading 10.4.1 right now, dialup so slow, hoping that'll fix it, but there is no mention of isync in the descriptions....

i can file transfer, as i could before in panther, using bluetooth just fine. but i had to pair it as "any device" instead of a phone because it couldn't find it as a phone. whats up?

2. tape macrumors newbie

Aug 20, 2003
    Sherbrooke, Quebec
    Just a quick reply to tell you that it really works. The first time I tried (tiger 10.4.1) it worked like a charm.

Do you have the latest bluetooth firmware? (I don't know if it is _required_, but it is installed on my machine (pbook 1.25 with internal bluetooth) and everything works fine.)

Good Luck!
  3. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

Jun 29, 2004
    to the above poster-

So let me get this straight... the razr can sync contacts, calendars, AND do file transfer over bluetooth in Tiger?

(just want to make sure cause i'm switching to cingular and looking for a new phone). thanks.
  4. Vster macrumors 6502

Jan 19, 2005
    Celina, TX
    According to this (link) it should be able to sync contacts and calandars, but I can only get the contacts. When I select the "Calandars" button in iSync it says (see image below) and when I open iCal then click the tab again, it still doesn't work. And the Help Viewer says that if you have iTunes 4.8 or later, to use that to sync, what is the deal? :confused:

Attached Files:

5. Kerry Sanders macrumors regular

Kerry Sanders

Apr 25, 2005
    Hayden, AL
    I cannot even get iSync 2.1 to see my Razr V3 via Bluetooth. It syncs just fine via USB. Bluetooth syncing would be nice, though.

I can connect to the phone via Bluetooth with the Bluetooth File Exchange utility and transfer files with no problems, so I know the Bluetooth is working between the phone and the Mac. It just does not work for iSync for some reason.