tiger Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by buryyourbrideau, May 9, 2005.

1. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

does anyone know how to get all the required info for mail to run for a yahoo email account. it says on yahoo to get it from your isp. but when i log into my sbc yahoo dsl page. you cant find it. :confused:

by info i mean

incoming mail server
    and all other pop server information

mind you once again, i want to see if i can get mail to work with an YAHOO mail account. thanks :)

2. buryyourbrideau thread starter macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

bump: someone just tell me that i cant do it, i guess im just expecting to hear that :(

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Try pop.mail.yahoo.com and smtp.mail.yahoo.com (I think you need to add username and password to the smtp for it to work).

Never used yahoo mail, though, so what do I know...?

4. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

I just checked the help section in Yahoo! email and apparently you need the Yahoo! Mail Plus to have POP access from an email client.

5. sorryiwasdreami macrumors 6502a

sorryiwasdreami

Get a gmail account and have all your Yahoo mail forwarded there, then set up Mail.app with gmail.

There are gmail invites all over these forums, including here.

6. buryyourbrideau thread starter macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

yea tried the suggestions, didnt work.

does anyone think its worth it to switch my mail to a service that i can access through the mail client?

is it really that good?

i havent been able to experience it yet so any input would be appreciated :)

edit: even better, ive been wanting gmail. as odd as it sounds that made me smile :)

7. sorryiwasdreami macrumors 6502a

sorryiwasdreami

PM me your email address and I'll send you an invite.

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Just wanted to add, yes, I think it's better. Although buryyourbrideau, I thought you had Yahoo SBC. Don't you have Plus! level services because of that? I hehehe actually got pop access and forwarding for my Yahoo when I had SBC Yahoo, and set it to forward, and for some reason, they have never taken away the enhanced version of the service from me.

9. rcrockett macrumors newbie

Yahoo/Tiger Mail

If you have a paid account you can...

Client vs. web-based email?
    Email clients such as Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express require the POP Access feature to be enabled for your mailbox. This features is not enabled for Free Yahoo! Mail accounts.
    To get POP Access, you can subscribe to:

Yahoo! Mail Plus

"Web-based email" means that your Yahoo! Mail account is actually a web site, permitting seamless integration of web capabilities and your email, as well as providing access to your email from any Internet-connected computer in the world.

Once you have connected to the Internet you can simply point your computer's web browser to: http://mail.yahoo.com and sign into your account. "Client email" refers to email sent from a program on your computer such as Microsoft Outlook, Eudora or Netscape.

10. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

Try this

Well I can use this with hotmail, so I don't see why you couldn't with yahoo....

Httpmail Plugin 1.44 For Tiger

Nuc

Edit: on further inspection I guess you can only use it with hotmail... :(

11. Manzana macrumors 6502a

Manzana

it depends what your sbc global address is, for example if your sbc yahoo address (not your yahoo id) end in xxx@sbcglobal.net you would use the following:

incoming mail server: pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com
    smtp server: smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com
    user name: xxx@sbcglobal.net
    authenticate using password and do not use SSL

hope this helps.