Tiger, no classic mode.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Bmode, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Bmode macrumors regular

I recently did a clean install of Tiger, which dramatically improved my workflow, but I didn't install OS 9(classic mode), and I'm now having problems playing Starcraft. The patch from Blizzard is not working. Is there a way to install classic mode? Or do I have to start all over again?

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Use the system restore disk that came with the machine.

Look at this article if your machine came with 10.2 to 10.3.3 (or this one if it came with a later version of OS X).

3. Bmode thread starter macrumors regular

Oh snap, thanks for the quick response Mitt.

Great article. So I'm basically screwed. I must start all over. :(

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Well... if you have a (set of) OS 9 install disk(s), you could just try installing that... then try and start a classic application...

5. kyleaa macrumors regular

Hmm I have played starcraft using the Blizzard patch with no problems at all. If I recall correctly, you have to install it using the patch...

6. Bmode thread starter macrumors regular

I tried that patch, and it works spuratically? One time, I was just sitting in the channel typing to someone and the application quit, not just quit, it went to blue screen, then desktop. I will try to reinstall all the Starcraft stuff again. Oh, and I did repair the disk permissions. Thanks for the effort guys!