Tiger on an imac DV 450?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by treysmay, Jun 17, 2005.

1. treysmay macrumors regular

treysmay

Ive decided to wait for the Intel Macs or until something eye catching comes so I was wondering. Will tiger run well on an iMac dv slot loading 450 MHz? My dad offered to lend me his dell fairly new inspiron laptop, it’s really good but should I pay the 120 dollars Canadian to do so? Thanks

2. amholl macrumors 6502

If u already have a monitor mouse, etc, it might be worth a macmini to hold u over if ur already gonna buy tiger

3. treysmay thread starter macrumors regular

treysmay

huh?

no i have an imac "all in one" which I myself own. The rest of the comps in my signature need to stay at home. I am going off to school and have the option between a dell laptop or my imac upgraded to tiger. it is currently running os 9.1

4. amholl macrumors 6502

ok, i thought u could use the stuff from the quadra. watev. Im not sure tiger would be so good b/c of the grfx intensive UI (can any1 else chime in on this?), but panther runs real well on my pismo 500 mhz, so panther could work

5. Passante macrumors 6502a

Passante

My iMac 400 DV (CRT) ran panther. It should run tiger albeit slowly. Some of the features of iPhoto are not available on a G3.

6. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I am writing this post on my sisters G3 600 Mhz iMac with only 256 MB of RAM. While it is no speed demon it runs tiger fine. I think with 768 MB of RAM or even a gig it would be pretty usable. It also depends on what you want to do with the iMac. If it's just iTunes, Safari, iChat, etc. then it'll do everything you want.