Tiger on ANY PC

Discussion in 'macOS' started by supafly1703, Aug 10, 2005.

1. supafly1703 macrumors regular

Here is some proof of Tiger running on a regular box from MacBidouille.com ... someone tell me how to post attachments and I will post the PDF copy of their process and a big screen shot...

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

3. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

A freind of mine has done this and it is useless for the follwoing reasons:

1.It runs extremely poorly even on a good PC
    2.It is extremely hard to do, its not like the normal computer user could even get close to doing it, you need extensive knowledge

Shadow

4. DeathChill macrumors 68000

Uh..it runs perfectly fine on my 'friends' PC. Infact it runs faster then Windows. I don't call it 'extremely' hard to simply pop in a DVD and install...

5. TMA macrumors 6502a

TMA

Really. So these groups of bloggers, hackers and programmers (spending hours of personal time over several weeks) that are trying to disassemble, reverse engineer and force Tiger onto a typical PC are just wasting their time? All they need simply do is pop in the DVD and run it? Maybe someone should tell them.

If it is now possible, I doubt it's as simple as you make out.

6. DeathChill macrumors 68000

I can 100% assure you it IS as simple as I am telling you. You simply use Transmac to put in the newest patched Rosetta in the /usr/libexec/oah directory on the DVD, burn the DVD and presto. It boots straight to the installer screen if you have a CPU with SSE3 and SATA hard drives~ You simply do the install as if it were a normal mac.

7. TMA macrumors 6502a

TMA

Looks like I did speak too soon in my previous post. It doesn't appear that simple to me still, but I think you're right in that it would be relatively easy to someone that knows typical PC's. Crikey it didn't take long to hack it!