Tiger online Seminar

Discussion in 'macOS' started by nesbitt_a, Apr 29, 2005.

1. nesbitt_a macrumors 6502

Just received an e-mail from the Apple store; "Please disregard the previous email you may have received regarding the Tiger seminar. Below is the correct link".

Weird.

2. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

3. starnox macrumors 6502

Hmm I dont even have Tiger and I could watch it :p

It was quite good, didn't learn a lot of new information TBH. But interesting no the less. It was nice to be able to stream it without any pauses (i love h.264), usually I cant stream video on my connection.

4. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

H264 is unbelievable. I can't wait to watch WWDC in H264! :)

5. aussie_geek macrumors 65816

aussie_geek

Has anyone been able to view the webcast? I can't seem to get it to work. I assume the requests for this movie would be pretty high at the moment...

aussie_geek

6. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

bah, you have to install 10.3.9 to get QT7 ... this bites, I have an odd feeling after this update to 10.3.9 my machine is going to take a nose dive into unusability. It was working perfect on 10.3.7, wishful thinking i guess. *crosses fingers* i'm gonna be PO'ed if 10.3.9 destroys my otherwise perfect setup

7. andysmith macrumors 6502

I really enjoyed the seminar - I never really understood how Automator could work until now.

Does anyone know how to save it? I've tried everything I think, even ripping from the command line with mplayer, which fails :(

8. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

careful, i think it only gives you 15 views

9. imbriumink macrumors newbie

Hey. What do you know. An acquaintance of mine, Kelvin, is in the video. He's interning at Apple and I guess he got to be part of the video. I was quite shocked when I saw his face show up on ichat!

10. JoshH macrumors member

JoshH

I liked it. It showed some additional things with Spotlight I hadn't quite figured out. And yeah, h.264 looks really good...

Josh

11. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

Resemblance?

Ken (the host) looks kind of like the penguin from batman. Ehhh?

Not to be mean, but its the first thing that came to my mind.

Proof:

Attached Files:

12. R-J macrumors newbie

Need the new link

Could someone please give me the new link to the Tiger Online Seminar because Ive noticed that people have said that Apple sent them emails with corrected links in them. I only have the original email and it brings up the error message:

"The requested application was not found on this server."

Cheers

13. Conor macrumors newbie

14. arkmannj macrumors 65816

arkmannj

Ya know I have an email to the seminar, I wish I could save the movie locally
    to view it on my own. pluss I know it's supposed to be "exclusive" but this would be great to show to family and friends, I think they would be verry impressed and who knows might make the switch. or at least stop mocking it

15. ldburroughs macrumors 6502

It streamed so nicely and the quality was great. I think that impressed me more that the content itself. I found much of the overview to be pretty helpful. It wasn't a waste of time but there is nothing really ground breaking. It is all stuff everyone will end up using so I'd say give it a quick look if you get the chance.

16. ibookconvert macrumors newbie

I am having trouble viewing this thing. It buffers and starts, and I can hear the audio, but the video is either frozen, or it jumps ahead and shows just still pictures.

I can however, watch the HD trailers posted on Apple's site with no problems.

Any ideas?

--Matt

17. arkmannj macrumors 65816

arkmannj

I don't have any new ideas, but I wish that Apple would at-least let those that purchased QT7 Pro download it, that might also encourage some people to purchase a QT7 Pro Key with it.

my honest feeling is that I think they should have included the video with the installation disk(s) so that people after June 11 can see it, as well as those that are on dial-up.
    If anyone has any bright ideas on how to save it please share !!

18. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

If it's a streamed video, there's little hope of getting a physical file.

Does anyone have the link to it? ;)

19. Apple!Freak macrumors 6502a

Apple!Freak

I wondered why the people on the iChat AV call were calling him Ken when his email said his name was Brandon?

20. Apple!Freak macrumors 6502a

Apple!Freak

You could run one of those programs that records video on your desktop. They are made so you can make tutorials but you can just have it record while the QT seminar plays.

Not sure if Apple would be happy with this, though. :p

21. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

I watched it too, I was a pretty good overview. He managed to go over quite a bit in the 30 minutes or so that it is. I must admit though I'm tired of hearing about how wonderful the video chat is, lol. I know it's great and all, but for those of us without the interest of using a webcam... Anyway, learned a couple things that were handy from it and I liked the Automator demostration. Made it easier to make my first workflow! lol :D :D

22. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

Have a link?

23. abc123 macrumors 6502

my link was broken but i didn't get a new email with the correct link, weird. i'm not too worried or anything though, i'm not sure i'd even get around to watching it

24. arkmannj macrumors 65816

arkmannj

well I'm not interested in distributing it to the world (though it does confuse me why they're so protective of making it "exclusive")

thanks for the advice I just might take it :) BTW are there any free programs that do this ?
    or would I be better off hooking one of my computers up to a firewire DV converter and recording it that way

25. ebally macrumors regular

I had the same problem. The way I solved it was to go to System Preferences - Quicktime - Advanced, then choose HTTP from the Transport Setup. Quit Safari and then relaunch and your problem should be solved!