Tiger Pre-order from Amazon delivery date

Discussion in 'macOS' started by foxone, Apr 20, 2005.

1. foxone macrumors newbie

I pre-ordered tiger like almost 2 weeks ago from Amazon and it says delivery date - June 14. Does anyone have an earlier estimated delivery date? If so, i'm just gonna go buy it from Apple so i know i will get Tiger ASAP

thanks
    foxone

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I have "Delivery estimate: June 20, 2005 - June 22, 2005", so you're better off than I am. I ordered the Tiger Family Pack as soon as it became available, and I'm not very happy about those dates. I'm hoping they are merely a placeholder and they will soon adjust these dates to be April 30 or very early in May.

3. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

I've ordered from an Apple reseller in the UK and they will ship to me after 6pm on the release date to arrive the next day. Apparently they aren't allowed to ship until after 6pm because Apple won't let them......which is fair enough I guess.

4. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

ordered family pack from amazon only this past weekend. it says may 6-9th. i'm pretty sure that it's still screwy from the initial guessing when it would be released. at the very least, you all should receive yours before i get mine...

i should also note that i ordered a dvd with it, so maybe that is what will ship on may 6-9th... who knows. isn't there anyway to ask someone at amazon directly?

5. gopher macrumors 65816

OWC ship date expected to be April 29th. And no rebate necessary. $99 + shipping and no tax either in Maryland. Hopefully they aren't spoofing me because otherwise I might pick it up at the Apple Store party.

Otherworld Computing's website is:

http://www.macsales.com/

The offer is good through April 28th.

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Just a reminder to everyone to turn in their Amazon rebate form by July 1st. And you must order Tiger by May 31st to use it.

7. starnox macrumors 6502

I ordered iWork from amazon a week before it was due for release and didn't get it until a month and a bit after the release date. And that was iWork which wasn't in so much demand!

8. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

well that is not at all encouraging. damn.

and i'd love to get it from owc, but i need the family pack and it seems they don't have a deal for that.

not to mention $75 in amazon gift certs i have... guess i'll be sitting on my thumbs for a while...

9. PieMac macrumors 6502a

I ordered from Amazon yesterday and the ship date is April 28th (they're also advertising that as the ship date as of today).

10. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

it's exactly these inconsistencies that makes me think (hope?) that it's just a glitch based on the whole pre-order thing. i hope to at least see mine ship by around the 29th. a few days late i can deal with... though it would be fun to install and such on the weekend.

11. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

12. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

It changed this afternoon. Now it says "Delivery estimate: May 5, 2005". I'm taking about the Family Pack, which apparently may not ship as soon as the single-license version.

13. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

now that apple seems to have started shipping copies (at least a couple), i wonder how that will affect us cheapos who went the amazon rebate route...? someone post here if their amazon copy ships/arrives... let's hope it's early or at least on time (ie, by 29th)

14. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Amazon UK's shipping estimate (pre-order) was despatch on or around 27th April.

I've just checked when our warehouse is scheduled to get its delivery from Apple direct; it's booked in for delivery on 28th April which will make it interesting to get it to all the individual stores by first thing 30th (they're not staying open late on 29th). The 'late' delivery date may because the warehouse didn't have slots before that rather than the UK shipment not arriving til then.

I think I'll stick to going to the Apple Store...