Tiger problems so far...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by macmekker, May 8, 2005.

1. macmekker macrumors newbie

I took the leap during the night. Erase and intall. I'm mostly happy, but there are some bugs (so far) I woundered if anybody else have experienced:
    (Haven't found any in this forum...)

1. Mail Help says Mail 2.0 should be able to nest smart mailboxes. Either in regular- or in other smart -. My Mail 2.0 can NOT. So all my smart mailboxes just stays on top of the "Mailboxes" hierarchy and will therefore use up all space quickly. (I can use "in Mailbox" as a criteria in a smart mailbox, but thats not what I'm looking for...)

2. Customizing date formats (now has a bad UI - in the first place...) zapps back to default if I make too many changes. It can accept me changing the short dat, but if I keep on changing medium, long... the short changes back by itself.

3. There is no customizing opportunity for number formats anymore !!!!!

4. I don't trust the color picker in the systems "Colors" anymore... It seems to pick a slightly darker color.

5. For those who use Filemaker 6.0 v4: Ctrl + arrows for next/previous record do not work anymore (on a norwegian keyboard anyway...)

I have a Pb G4 1GHz 17"

Anybody...?

2. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

You might try reading and posting this in the long running Tiger bug thread, rather than starting your own.

3. macmekker thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi daveL.

I totally agree. As you may see underneath my original posting, I tried to edit the message over to that thread, but there was no option for that.

Why I didn't see that thread in the first place, I can not explain... I had done quite a lot of reading, and searching...

I'v read that thread now, and did not find any messages regarding this - which can explain why searching didn't take me to that thread...

Again: Sorry...

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Macmekker, I quoted your comments and tried to help with one of them in the other thread here. Don't worry about this thread; I'm sure a mod will come and delete / close it.