Tiger Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by GetGo, Mar 20, 2005.

1. GetGo macrumors regular

Can you pre-order Tiger from Apple? I've done this with games and it ships so you get it the first day it comes out.

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

as of right now Tiger is not for Pre-Sale, but it will be on MacRumor's front page and Apple's front page when it is!!!

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Yes, when Tiger is available for pre-order then Apple will ship so that it should arrive the day its released.

4. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Pre-ordering is great for hardware where you get in queue sooner, but with software, there are hardly any delays in shipping.

5. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

Hopefully it is put up on the apple website soon. With all the speculation of a release in April/May, it should go onto the website soon.

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

yes but won't apple want to put the date out at a big event with as much media exposure as they can get? i know if i were them i would, i just cant see them updating the website for pre-orders on a tuesday, needs to be annouced by steve at an event

7. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I don't think that the release date of Tiger needs to be done at a major event by Steve. Steve has already devoted a majority of 2 Keynotes to Tiger. Chances are he will speak about it again at WWDC.

8. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

WWDC may see features for the next upcoming operating system, ala Cougar. But the majority of sessions will focus on optimizing apps for the new features in Tiger.