Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oo5yolo10

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
I just bought a computer, tiger was pre-installed and also came with the Tiger disks. I installed my programs I wanted, loaded my music etc...but realized that programs like iphoto, imovie and some others were not on it? Any reason? Also how could I get them back on without totally re-installing the software

polevault139

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2006
Illinois
Have you looked in your application folder in Finder. They might be there. Also try searching for them in Spotlight. That might help. If not I don't know what to tell you.

Savings

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2006
I belive that the latest versions of iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, ect. are part of the iLife package and aren't included in the retail copy of 10.4. The system-restore disks of Tiger that came with new Apple computers have iLife on them, but not the retail Tiger. If you bought your computer from Apple, you should have had iLife preinstalled.

The software might actually be on your Tiger disks if they're the system-restore variety. The "Install Additional Software" installer on that disk might be able to reinstall it without having to reinstall the whole OS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.