Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macdon401

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2005
Ok, I love my Mac, I have had a Mac since I first bought an LC...a long time ago! But I am getting sick and tired of Tiger, I should have waited for the "big" upgrade to fix all of the 300+ bugs Apple is reportedly fixing!
I have never had so many, freezes, crashes, and just plain old problems with any OS Apple has ever produced...!!
Almost everytime I am doing ANYTHING remotely associated with Quicktime 7 I have to "force quit" to rid myself of the beachball from hell!
I have lost 4 edits so far....today! I tried watching a QT trailer and that works fine but when you have to do any work..bang...S__T C-TY!
Anyone else suffering from this stuff... I should have stayed with Panther but of course I could'nt resist the stupid "droplet" effect and Spotlight which also seems ro be a bit twitchy as well!
R

Soulstorm

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2005
macdon401 said:
Ok, I love my Mac, I have had a Mac since I first bought an LC...a long time ago! But I am getting sick and tired of Tiger, I should have waited for the "big" upgrade to fix all of the 300+ bugs Apple is reportedly fixing!
I have never had so many, freezes, crashes, and just plain old problems with any OS Apple has ever produced...!!
Almost everytime I am doing ANYTHING remotely associated with Quicktime 7 I have to "force quit" to rid myself of the beachball from hell!
I have lost 4 edits so far....today! I tried watching a QT trailer and that works fine but when you have to do any work..bang...S__T C-TY!
Anyone else suffering from this stuff... I should have stayed with Panther but of course I could'nt resist the stupid "droplet" effect and Spotlight which also seems ro be a bit twitchy as well!
R
Really, I am using Tiger for some months now, and I have experienced no crashed at all, even when I test it under the most extreme circumstaces. Are you sure you aren't doing anything wrong?

Note that if you installed Tiger with just upgrade, and not a clean install, that should be the cause of the problems...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.