Tiger Release Party @ Somerset Mall, MI

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Logik, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Logik macrumors 6502a

Ok this is my first release of an OS as a mac user. I was curious if Apple was going to give away free swag at apple stores, particularly the Somerset Mall store in Michigan? What is typically given away if anything? I will be ordering online to get my student discount but would like to know what might be happening in case i decide to check it out. Also, if it does take place, is it typically at night on the 28th (thursday) and at midnight (29th) they start the release party?

2. iPegboy macrumors regular

At the Panther release party at Somerset, basically a huge line of dorks like us line up (for a 6 p.m. launch). They finally open the doors and only allow a certain amount in at a time. they gave out dog tags last year and had mystery bags to buy, if I remember right. By the time I got to the front of the line the bags were gone though.

They usually have some big discounts that day and what not. I’ll be back, that’s for sure.

3. _bnkr612 macrumors 6502a

_bnkr612

Hmm...

I'll be at that one too, you'll know I'm there cause I will be dressed up as the forbidden fruit.

jk, but maybe something will occur.

Cheers.

4. Boobs macrumors newbie

evil somerset

I hate somerset. It crawls with rich, spoiled a-holes. 12 oaks isn't bad, but they should really build an apple store closer to the D.

- Although if I was back home, I'd be there too. :(

5. Logik thread starter macrumors 6502a

heh. i haven't been to an applestore before so i am kinda looking for a good reason to go. How much are the mystery bags? I might spend my tax refund on it if it may be worth it... typically can you ebay the results and get at least the same amount back (that is assuming i don' want the contents)?

6. kjr39 macrumors 6502

I'll be standing in line at the Novi mall...

Somerset is too far of a drive for me.

7. Logik thread starter macrumors 6502a

they're both about the same for me..

Somerset is 62 miles and twelve oaks is 65 miles. If I decide to go, which one is the one i should go to? 3 mile difference isn't gonna kill me

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Awwww, were it this time last year, I would drive the 2 miles from my old apartment to Sommerset and visit you guys. :( *misses Detroit*

9. iZach macrumors 6502

i think im giong to somerset how will we identify each other?