Tiger Release Synced?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Punani, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Punani macrumors regular

Punani

Does anyone expect Tiger to be released in the same time frame as another release, such as a new form factor for the iBooks or the long awaited PowerBook?

If so, should we expect it to follow the normal revision times of the products such as iBook/PowerBook in March/April?

2. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

well, i think you can count out Tiger being released with new iBooks. ;) :D

new PowerBooks with Tiger? well... that is a possiblility i guess. but then again, it could just be released by it's own. so who knows? :confused:

3. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Why? Just because they were updated a few days ago? Well, Tiger will probably come out in about 6 months, so new iBooks are to arrive at the same time. They won’t have a new form factor, I guess, but it’s still possible that they come at about the same time.

4. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Tiger will come 3 weeks after the iMacs rev. b, so apple will screw $29 from those who want to update ...

5. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

Tiger will be released when its ready. New hardware will also be released when its ready. If they coincide (like the iBook G4 rev A's and Panther), they will come with it preinstalled.

However, since we have 6 months leeway on the Tiger release date (i.e. could be released anytime between Jan and June) the it is not a very good indicator of new hardware, since you'd expect every Mac line to be updated at some point between January and June anyway.

6. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

they will revamp both laptop lines and release tiger at wwdc 2005 - and, new powermacs too, together with speedbumps for imac and G5 for emac.
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

(they will also release fcp5, dvdsp4 and keynote2.)

7. Punani thread starter macrumors regular

Punani

Nah, they'll just revamp Tiger's release date, "The day before Longhorn is released."