Tiger Replacement Disk?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by WillMac4Food, Mar 18, 2006.

1. WillMac4Food macrumors newbie

Jan 13, 2006
    I bought my Powerbook last August, and today I was going to reinstall Tiger. I had a lot of unwanted crap on my hard drive. Also now that I am more familar with Tiger, I know the apps that I REALLY want to use.

So I went to do a clean install and when it asked for disk two it started to hang. I took a closer look at the disk and on the outer edge it looks like a bubble under the plastic. I think it is a manufacturing error.

Now I have a Powerbook that is useless to me right now. Have any of you had experience with Apple sending out replacement disks? All I need is the second disk. I would hate to have to buy a copy of Tiger. I plan on contacting customer service in the morning, but I thought I would ask what your experiences have been. It is driving me nuts not being able to use my Powerbook.

2. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

Jan 24, 2006
    You should be fine in requesting a replacement CD, I've read about people doing it before with no problem.
  3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Mar 23, 2005
    Well the thing is if you uncheck all of the additional applications and just install the OS you can install using only disc one. (I know I just installed my OS and kept iLife 05 off of it.)

Call up Apple for a replacement or take it to an Apple Store if you can.
  4. WillMac4Food thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 13, 2006
    Thanks for the quick reply. I was really hoping that they would send me a replacement. That will be great. Also I can't believe that I forgot about doing a simple install. I'm doing that right now. yea!! My life is so much better now. It is hard to imagine life without my Powerbook.

My mood went from blah to I can't wait till it is done installing:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks again!