Tiger--Screen capture problems

Discussion in 'macOS' started by disconap, Jan 18, 2007.

1. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

Ok, running Tiger on a dual G5 for a bit now with no problems, but this morning, for some reason, my screen captures aren't working. It's making the camera sound, and the processor is working (I took several rapid fire with all of CS2 open, heard the fans speed up with each one), but there is nothing--no files in documents, photos, or desktop, and a search shows no files named "Picture xx". Tried repairing permissions and rebooting, still not working. Thoughts?

2. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

hmm they usually save as .png files as the default i think. try spotlighting those?

3. disconap thread starter macrumors 68000

disconap

Nope. It's just not saving them.

Panther used to do this on occasion, where it would show up on the desktop and then disappear, but this is just ridiculous, it's not showing up anywhere, it's just not working.

4. disconap thread starter macrumors 68000

disconap

Wow, it's really not working--I just tried capturing to the clipboard and nada.

5. axboi87 macrumors regular

axboi87

Try using cocktail to change the type of file it saves as. All my screenshots save as .jpg's. Perhaps changing how it works will fix it somehow. Also you could reset pram and nvram (can't remember if those are hte same thing or not lol).
    cmd+opt+p+r at boot chime, hold until you've heard it three times
    cmd+opt+o+f at chime, at the prompt type reset-nvram and hit enter, then type reset-all and hit enter, the computer will restart.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

What happens when you use Grab from the utilities folder?

7. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

8. disconap thread starter macrumors 68000

disconap

Screen capture, not grab. Grab worked for specifically what I needed, but it's extremely inconvenient. No ideas why this is happening, then?

9. disconap thread starter macrumors 68000

disconap

If all else fails, I will definitely do that, but I'd rather try to figure out the problem first.