tiger screwed up airport/network discovery on imac g3

Discussion in 'macOS' started by biohazard6969, May 28, 2005.

1. biohazard6969 macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

ok, so the other day i installed tiiger on my iMac g3 600 mhz using my ipod like shown here (i upgraded from jaguar to tiger) and everything seemed fine, dashboard worked, spotlight worked, then i went to see if safari worked and i realized i wasn't connected to my network so i clicked on the airport icon in the menu bar and no network appeared. "thats strange" i thought, then i went to my PB which was right beside me and saw that it was connnected and everything. then, to see if the imac would even recognize any of my base stations, i opened airport admin utility, and plugged in my airport express through ethernet and still got nothing, it wouldn't even connect to the internet through the express. i rebooted, ran fsck, repair permissions, the works. the only thing i havn't done is open it up to see if theres something wrong but i don't think there is, seeing as the computer still says that the airport card is installed

what do i ddo?!

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

Can you do a iChat Rendevous/Bonjour chat between the computers to make sure the card is still working. Maybe take it out, reboot, turn it off, put the card back in, and boot it up and see if it goes back to normal.

3. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Also, try zapping your PRAM/NVRAM. I had wireless troubles with my PowerBook post-Tiger install, trashing the SystemConfiguration folder in the /Library/Preferences folder and zapping PRAM fixed it right up.

4. biohazard6969 thread starter macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

5. biohazard6969 thread starter macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

nvm i searched and figured it out, i did it, and rebooted, but it still doesn't recognize any network, rite now i'll try opening it up and seeing if taking it out and lookin at it etc reveals nething...oh and i tried bonjour messaging, and it said ti couldn't connect to network

6. biohazard6969 thread starter macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

ok took it out and reconnected it and still nothing!!! plz don't tell me its fried