Tiger Seminar wont load

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by meathane, May 1, 2005.

1. meathane macrumors member

meathane

anyone else having trouble watching the seminar? i just get the quicktime logo with the irritating blue thing going backwards and forwards. im on a UK 1MB broadband connection so it should be fine. what setting should i have quicktime set to?

cheers

----------
    eMac 1.25GHz
    768MB SDRAM
    OS X 10.4

2. meathane thread starter macrumors member

meathane

ive set my qt prefs to say im on a 256Kbps DSL/Cable, although im on 1MB, and this is whaty i get. pretty pathetic. plus it only 'works' when im on a VPN. im really really unimpressed with quicktime 7

Attached Files:

3. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

sounds like a bug. Me and a bunch of others all agreed that the quality of the seminar was great. I had absolutely zero problems with the seminar too, worked really well, and i'm watching it on QT7 in 10.3.9.

4. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

I'm also on 1 Mb broadband (well, actually 1.5, but it never goes that fast), and I have QT set to 1 Mb cable in the preferences. I watched the seminar last night on my PowerBook, and it played flawlessly without so much as one stutter. I would guess that there's something funny about the way your network is working.

5. ebally macrumors regular

At least you see a movie, all I see is a blank gray screen... and no one can tell me why?

6. meathane thread starter macrumors member

meathane

ive tried everything, pulled everyone elses plugs on the network so its just me, and it will not run on an eMac. maybe its something to do with core imag not supported on this machine or my lack of an amazing graphics card. it wont even play on the lowest setting. plus i MUST be on my universities VPN, otherwise i just get that QT logo on the screen. i think its really crappy that this doesnt work.

Attached Files:

7. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

it "could" be the VPN. it's not coreimage. did you do an archive and install or did you do a clean install?

8. ebally macrumors regular

I had the same problem. The way I solved it was to go to System Preferences - Quicktime - Advanced, then choose HTTP from the Transport Setup. Quit Safari and then relaunch and your problem should be solved!

9. meathane thread starter macrumors member

meathane