Tiger Server and Webmail.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by finchwizard, Nov 6, 2006.

1. finchwizard macrumors member

finchwizard

For the last few years I've been running our college on Linux servers, and it's done extremely well, it's come to the point where the only calls are support calls (PEBKAC issues).

That was with all Windows machines, and a couple of Mac laptops, now that we are moving towards a Mac lab for Multimedia work, I'm looking at getting an XServe.

I've searched everywhere but just can't find anything on it.

My main concern is the webmail that Tiger server runs (Which is squirrelmail) but is there some type of theme on there? Or is it just the default Squirrelmail theme?

Also, with Leopard just around the corner, do you think there is a chance they've made the webmail look like Mail.app and their new .mac webmail.

Thanks for any replies.
    Finchwizard

2. ironjaw macrumors 6502

You can check the Leopard Sneak Preview: http://www.apple.com/server/macosx/leopard/

Other than that I would recommend going over to Apple Discussion to ask about specific questions about Tiger Server.

As too rumours they (AD) are not that friendly as its only a technical forum.

I myself am waiting for Leopard Server. I've been waiting for it and sometimes I've been tempted at the great cheap prices for Mac OSX Tiger server at ebay.

I do think that if you have the time to wait for it do it - if not then buy tiger server.

3. finchwizard thread starter macrumors member

finchwizard

I did check the Leopard preview, but it didn't give any hints as to the Webmail, which makes me think they may be doing that.

I'm really after the server for the new year, during the break over Christmas / New Year to have it installed and running, I don't think Leopard is out for in time for me to play around with and learn quickly.

4. ironjaw macrumors 6502

Well I'm in the same boat as you I've been all day sitting and looking at Tiger Server on ebay - should I bid or not is going through my mind - 10 client or unlimited?

Christmas time is probably perfect to learn new skills for the new year - think about a new chat up line for that New Years Party: :D

You: I just harnished the power of a Tiger over the Xmas holidays!
    Insanely beautiful girl with big B**bs: Wow, that's amazing! I just think my underwear fell off.