Tiger.. unfinished?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Archmagination, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Archmagination macrumors regular

1)Safari annoys me to death when downloading files... that annoying popup that you can't shut off in Safari pref's. Reminds me of Window's!!

2)BOMArchivehelper crashes randomly.. I unzip a lot of files in a day and for some reason BOMArchivehelper decides to crash randomly whenever I unzip 2 or more files(I would say 75% of the time it does this) It says something like "File xxxxx failed to unzip, Error xxx" I at first thought my zip files were corrupt, but when I attempted to unzip the file again everything it unzipped without a problem.. It has to be something with the program(I love BOMA)

I love Dashboard and Spotlight.. but I am not sure right now if Tiger was worth upgrading to yet... it broke several programs(or caused several problems) with programs I use almost ever day.(Okay.. the developers do need to get off their ass and fix these programs... I mean they have had over a month too!!) but my system has generaly become more unstable after installing it. Tiger just feels unfinished to me.. hopefully 10.4.2 will have some useful fix's(and hopefully Quartz2DExtreme will be enabled in it)

2. smokeyrabbit macrumors 6502

1) For the love of Pete, please search! This topic has been answered so many times. Everyone cried a river when this potential security vulnerability was discovered, and then Apple patched it very quickly, and now everyone's crying again because .... why? Don't take that personally.

2) Long article detailing why Tiger "broke" certain apps, or rather, certain hacks are disabled due to leaving older technologies behind.

10.x.0 and 10.x.1 have always ALWAYS been rougher than subsequent updates. Really, if you can't stand the risk of early adopting, wait until the .3 or .4 edition. Again, not a personal response to you, just in general ;)

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

There have been so many of these lately. Please look before you open a thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.