Tiger Unlock dvd+r format???

Discussion in 'macOS' started by arcobb, May 10, 2005.

1. arcobb macrumors regular

I have a 12" powerbook 1.33 Ghz and when I bought it was able to burn dvd-r. (if I'm wrong on the original spec I apologize and this is a moot point). But today I was looking at the system profiler and the disk burning section showed I can burn dvd +r and dvd +rw. I read somewhere the drive was capable of such a feet but was disabled for some reason. Is this a feature of Tiger enabling dvd +r? If you know anything I love to know! I've added a screen shot from my system profiler. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

I have noticed the same thing. Yet to actually try it out. I think it was frankly a poor decision of apple to cripple these drives in the first place, but who knows what they were thinking.

Anyone test this out yet?

3. Symtex macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the heads up. mine show the same thing in profiler. I have to thry this out tonight

4. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Yes with a but also, if you have Toast 6 Ti. you could burn dvd+r as far as I have been told. I happen to use an external dvd drive and could do both and I'm using 10.3.9. :rolleyes:

5. arcobb thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone actually try it yet??

So has anyone actually tryied it yet? I'd love to know if it works!

6. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

Apple never really "crippled" the drives, they just didnt support them in their iApp programs or the Finder. But with Toast you could burn them fine (from what I was told), I never did but my System Profiler always said I had the ability to burn +R ever since 10.3 (10.2 didnt support +R discs at all, it couldnt even read them), I remember how 10.3 opened up read support for +R discs for my friends PMG4...

7. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

I would try it but at this time I don't have any +r dvds (I like -r) also my dvd player will only play -r format.