Tiger Upgrade Broke Airport Epson, Error 9672

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by DavidCar, Mar 16, 2006.

1. DavidCar macrumors 6502a

I upgraded to Tiger from Panther, tried to print to my Epson Stylus 900, and it keeps switching back to "stopped" mode. I deleted the printer to try to re add the printer, and it will not add, giving me Error 9672.

Any suggestions?

2. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Have you downloaded the latest drivers from epson? You can also try to power cycle the printer.

3. DavidCar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the reply.

I installed the optional printer drivers from the Tiger installation DVD, restarted the computer, which took longer than I expected, so I forced it to restart, and it still took a moment before it gave me the users screen. Then I tried to add the printer, which failed with the same error, then I tried an additional Epson driver with an identical name which appeared in the popup menu for drivers.

Then it installed. Then it worked.

I don't know if that additional driver was in the popup before I did the optional driver intallation.

DC

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'm glad it worked but to prevent future grief, never force a restart during a system upgrade. :)

5. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

Yeah, that can really screw up things, I'd know.

6. DavidCar thread starter macrumors 6502a

It seemed to take forever, which I didn't expect for just driver upgrades.

When I did the Tiger upgrade, it really took a long time. I forgot I had a large external hard drive connected over a slow USB connection. I thought it might be trying to do a spotlight index. Eventually the gray screen got white narrow stripes across the whole screen, which I thought was a crash, so I restarted while disconnecting the USB drive.

It recovered fine in both cases, apparently. Maybe I should check my hard disk just in case.

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Everything sounds like it's fine this time around. I'm just saying it's not a good habit. :)

8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

That right there can choke your computer, be careful of trying to restart any heavy internal work whiles updating/upgrading.

Bless