Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reflow

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
NJ/PHL
Hi Everyone

Here is my question about Tiger coming out. Now I just bought my PB in Jan an will I have to pay full price for the upgrade or will it be discounted in anyway. I still have the Proof-Of-Purchase coupons that came with the PB

iMetalG5

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2005
yup full price. i have two macs in the home so i'm stuck with getting the family pack but i know a few friends that have macs as well and they want to split the cost which is cool, but i'm thinking maybe i shouldn't jump the gun... maybe i should wait say 6months before installing tiger. by then all the bugs will be out yes?

Reflow

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
NJ/PHL
That sucks. I guess

ImetalG5,

How do you like your Ipod Shuffle, looking to buy one in the near future

iMetalG5

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2005
Reflow said:
That sucks. I guess

ImetalG5,

How do you like your Ipod Shuffle, looking to buy one in the near future

Well its not really mine, i bought it for my fiance as she really wanted one. I've used it a few times already and its neat. Its very convenient because of its size but i do not think I'd use it full time since I already have a 40GB. She loves it.

I think if you go to the gym or do a lot of running, the shuffle is a good thing.

Logik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
Plymouthbreezer said:
I love mine. Very good for school.

Seconded. Great price, great size and works really well.

Why do you think you deserve a discount on Tiger? You bought the machine 3 months ago. Microsoft with Dell, IBM, HP, Compaq, etc do not offer even anything like apple does. You get the newest version when you buy a new computer after it has been announced. I don't see Microsoft giving you that option at all. However $129 is a steal for Tiger.

I've recommended this in the past. But if you want educational discounts, go sign up at your local community college, take a class every semester. You get lots of discounts, you get to claim your school related expenses on your taxes, and best of all, you might learn something.

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
Also remember noone is forcing you to upgrade. Tiger doesn't offer too many fixes (other than the general speedup) compared to Panther, just new features. Your machine will still function without the need to upgrade. I know someone who still runs Jag and without trouble. So it's defintely not required.

t^3

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2001
7on said:
Also remember noone is forcing you to upgrade. Tiger doesn't offer too many fixes (other than the general speedup) compared to Panther, just new features. Your machine will still function without the need to upgrade. I know someone who still runs Jag and without trouble. So it's defintely not required.
True, but remember that some developers like to stay on the cutting edge, and some apps are going to come out soon that will only run on Tiger. So, if you want to run those apps, you are kind of forced to upgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.