Tiger "World Premier"

Discussion in 'macOS' started by James Philp, Apr 24, 2005.

1. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

While perusing the AppleStore Regent Steet, I noticed a bunch of signs caliming this! (See heading & open attatchment).
    I Assume this is because Regent Street is the most Eastern AppleStore, but then I thought; "what about Japan".
    Not sure how it's the "World Premier" unless it's acutally coming out the day after in Japan!?
    This is not a Photoshop, I promise, it is a leaflet i picked up on friday evening from the regent steet store.
    According to this it's a world premier everywhere!.. Excuse me? Where is it ACTUALLY coming out first officially? :confused:

Attached Files:

2. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

3. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Yes, I wondered about the 'world premiere' aspect to; the only way I could get make it slightly more logical was to consider that since it's not being released on different dates in different markets (ie USA, one week later UK etc) that the 29 April is the date of the World Premiere. And everywhere celebrates that it's a worldwide release with a nonstop party across the continents? I guess that Australia/NZ start selling it with their reseller parties, Apple Japan continue the party and they'll still be open when the UK stores open their doors which again will still be open when the US stores open.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I personally am going to continue to consider Nermal's thread to be the world premiere of Tiger. :D

5. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I have one of those "Tiger World Premiere" cards sitting on my desk. That way I can view it frequently.

7. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I had a Tiger Home Premiere about a week ago. Sadly to say, it wasn't a lot of fun and only one person attended.