Tiger world premiere london?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mord, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

anyone going? from 6PM to midnight on the 29th powerbook g4 up for grabs which considering the number of people that will be there it's a decent chance.

now i'm just annoyed my ibook has no DVD drive, i'll have to find an 5.25" one to put in my bus powered caddy.

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Is this the night that Applespider was 'gently coaxing' me to go to?

I'm still in two minds... but it is pay-day and a Friday as well. I'll watch this space.

e?! You up for this?

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I'd go. Apple Store London will be like a nightclub that night. It would be cool, and there will probably be bouncers and lineups.

4. Mord thread starter macrumors G4

Mord

more MR people the better we dont want to be outnumbered by the spymac crowd again :eek:.

i think if i can pull the dvd drive from my xbox and into the caddy i should be fine, i'd have to find a power outlet as that think sucks juice, good thing i have two batterys :p.

+ as soon as it's installed i'm booting WoW, hopefully i should hit 7fps on my 600MHz g3 ibook :eek:.

5. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I'll gently coax everyone near London to go ;)

I was just thinking that it's not really a world premiere since Australia/New Zealand will have it first. And the Japanese Apple Stores will be the first to hold their Tiger parties... at 6pm their time

6. brap macrumors 68000

I'd love to... but the last transport back to Canterbury is 10.30pm!

*sigh*

7. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Train from Charing X or Victoria?
    You could still come for the early part of the evening.

8. iGav macrumors G3

'tis funny you say that, when OS X was first launched in 2001, we were in queue for the launch party at Micro Anvika :eek: on Tottenham Court Road, and we were asked by several people if there was a new club opening :eek: :p :p

9. brap macrumors 68000

We've looked into it before, for gigs and such. It's a nightmare trying to get home.

Interlude

Yeah, we'll be there, as long as they aren't breathalysing the patrons :)

Apparently, I'm getting my facts a-muddle because 10.30 is the latest we can leave the Forum to get home. Regent St. should be doable in 30 mins, so we can catch the fun stuff.

It'll be good to see people who aren't unshowered, tired and freezing -- after wandering up and down the line opening day and thinking... christ, these crazy people scare me!

10. iGav macrumors G3

so you've been to Alton Towers and queue jumped before... quality. hahahahahahah :p

11. brap macrumors 68000

Last time I went there was uh, 9 years ago! I was a nice boy, smelly teenager, then. :eek:

You should go iGav, after covering all the PWEI gigs between us and still not hooking up for a beer!

12. cheekyspanky macrumors 6502a

cheekyspanky

It'll also be nice to see the Apple store without most of the customers wearing double layers of clothing and carrying seats or tents!

Yes I was one of the freezing cold ones, not too tired though!

I'm thinking about making my way up for the launch, but I really should be doing my final year coursework..hmm..well, I'll see how it goes before I make up my mind :rolleyes:

13. Mord thread starter macrumors G4

Mord

i was under 8 layers that night

t-shirt
    t-shirt
    t-shirt
    hoodie
    hoodie
    coat
    sleeping bag
    bin liner over sleeping bag

I WAS STILL COLD :eek:

now will it be anything like last time because i'm not that keen on freezeing my arse off for a second time :eek: dose anyone know how it will work? will we all wander around the store for 6 hours until tiger is sold at 12 midnight or what?

14. brap macrumors 68000

DJ Format and Abdominal are playing Nottingham the very same night... oh the humanity! :eek: :(