tiled browsing in osx

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by power g4, Dec 1, 2006.

1. power g4 macrumors newbie

Hello fello people of the forums,
    I have a friend that im trying to convert to the goodness of osx so his computer dont fill up with spyware and etc crap.But theres one problem, he needs a feture in a web browser called tiled browsing that allows him to open multuple windows inside of a single web browser window.Does anybody know of a os x compatible browser that allows this.

P.S heres what it looks like.

Attached Files:

• snap.jpg
      snap.jpg
      File size:
      115.4 KB
      Views:
  2. radiantm3 macrumors 65816

radiantm3

It's called tabs and every browser other than IE6 has this feature. Why would one want to tile pages over using tabs?

3. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Tabs are only half of the feature. The other half is that more than one tab's stuff can be displayed within a window at the same time.

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

There's Tabbed Browsing - much better than the pigsty in that image. Each website opens in a tab within a single browser window. So you have just one Safari or Firefox or Camino window open with a bar across the top with the tabs.

Just off topic - I'd forgotten how disgraceful most Windows browsers are - look at all the space taken up by those toolbars. What a waste.

You can see here, I have the response to this thread, apple.com and the NSW Forecasts website open in one browser window, under the bookmark bar are the tabs - just click on them to switch pages.

Attached Files:

5. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

I know you said in one browser window, but if your friend wants multiple windows instead of tabs he can always open multiple browser windows and use Expose to reveal them all.

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

opera for windows has it, but opera for mac doesn't have it.

7. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

no, its a weird function, maybe should call it "multi windows in one window".

8. sohosid macrumors member

i) Why would anyone need such a feature?

ii) As already pointed out, just use Exposé.