tilted ibook screen?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by calebjohnston, Feb 26, 2006.

1. macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

My screen on my iBook is actually tilting on the left side down a little more than the right side. Is there a repair for this that is covered by warranty? I didn't do anything to cause this, I just noticed it now.

Or, could loosening a screw a bit on the underside near the hinge level it out?

2. macrumors 6502a

alexstein

It's probably a job for professionals if you can bring it to the nearest apple store. I think you have to take pretty much most of your ibook apart (at least both covers) in order to level that hinge out again.

3. thread starter macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

oh, lovely. it's not much but it's definitely enough to bother me so i guess i should.

4. thread starter macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

5. macrumors 6502a

alexstein

How old is your iBook? ..I don't see why not..

6. thread starter macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

It's only a few months old, 2 or 3. Just wanted to make sure that it's something warranty covered.

7. macrumors 6502a

alexstein

Just explain the situation to a Genius or Store Assistant and I'm pretty sure that they will take care of it.

8. thread starter macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

They didn't fix it, just as I thought. I just give up on technology all together, I hate it. I'm so sick of paying full price for things that don't work properly, only to recieve no help in fixing the problem.

I'll just be dealing with it for the next two years or so, hating that store every day, until it's time to get a new one - which will be ordered online.

9. macrumors 6502

Wow, that would really anger me. Do you have any other stores locally? That would piss me off beyond belief. What don't they understand about a manufacture defect? What exactly did they tell you?

10. macrumors 6502a

alexstein

That is kind of strange that they did not fix this for you. What did they say about it. This can't be normal. Maybe call Apple Customer Support and hear what they have to say.

11. macrumors 603

Warbrain

They'll probably only fix it if it's totally loose and really angling towards one side. If it's something slight, they won't fix it. You may think they should, but it's probably not totally covered by the warranty.

12. thread starter macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

yeah, i mean.. it really only is slight. but it's still brand new and now i'll have to live with it for the next two years. just sucks.