Tim Cook Sends Email Highlighting iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c and iOS 7 to Employees

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 10, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

After announcing the new iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c this morning, Tim Cook sent an email about the new products to Apple employees, reports 9to5Mac.

The email focuses primarily on the new features coming with iOS 7, and details some of the components of the iPhone 5s and the iPhone 5c. iOS 7 has been engineered with "deep integration" for both of Apple's upcoming phones.

[​IMG]
    Cook's email clarifies that iWork and iLife will be free only with newly purchased devices and encourages Apple employees to watch the event stream on Apple.com. Cook also notes that the company has posted an internal Q&A with Apple VP of iPod, iPhone, and iOS Worldwide Marketing Greg Joswiak, which includes information about the new products and the manufacturing behind them.

Apple's iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c will be released on September 20, with pre-orders beginning on September 13 for the 5c. iOS 7 is set to be released on September 18.

Update: 9to5Mac posted a copy of the Q&A session with Greg Joswiak, which focuses on innovation at Apple and the features found in Apple's newest iPhones.

Article Link: Tim Cook Sends Email Highlighting iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c and iOS 7 to Employees

2. macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

The iPhone 5C could be one of the best profit generators Apple has ever built. It will be cheap to produce and will fly off the shelves at a record pace. Tim Cook knows how to make money and focus on lowering production cost.

3. macrumors 68040

ValSalva

These emails go to all the Apple retail employees too?

4. macrumors regular

Translation: Will someone pretty please help us get our hands on this?

5. macrumors regular

aka the hugest scam

6. macrumors 68000

KylePowers

"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

7. macrumors 68040

tigres

There is only a 100.00 price differential between plastic and aluminum.

I see the 5c as holding little value, and the 5s a better buy.

8. macrumors 68020

jamesryanbell

There is absolutely zero explanation that would suffice regarding the lack of pre-orders for the 5S. Completely ridiculous. But we'll deal with it. (And I'm still getting one)

9. macrumors 68000

Any bros in here getting the gold?

And do you lift?

10. macrumors regular

Why no garageband?! gimme gimme gimme :)

11. macrumors regular

I don't know. How many dudes are going to get gold? Is apple marketing to the hip hop culture?

12. macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the 5c's price.. seriously? ?? Does anyone understand this?

13. macrumors 68000

I thought the $20,000 millionaire

You know those that think that because they own apple products they're elite

14. macrumors 68000

AngerDanger

I'm glad iLife will be free. After paying a couple hundred dollars for a new iOS device and then paying monthly for a contract, the few dollars per app seem really daunting. :rolleyes:

15. macrumors newbie

Apple is adrift

What a huge disappointment today's launch was. SJ must be spinning in his grave about how far mighty Apple has fallen.

What would have stunned the market and made customers happy would have been a new iPhone with a 4.7" IGZO screen. Instead we got the same screen wrapped in crayola colored plastic. The door is wide open now for the competition to be the first to launch IGZO because it will be a year before the iPhone 6 comes out. And Apple will be playing catch up instead of leading.

Apple also needs to replace iTunes with something better for moving files into and out of the iPhone. I know people who moved to Android because they were frustrated with iTunes. With Samsung, for instance, you can put files on an SD card and drop it into the phone.

Elvis Costello should have played "Less Than Zero" as this year's Apple theme song.

16. macrumors 6502a

Who else read the email in Cook's voice? The indreeeeeedible.....

17. macrumors 68000

azentropy

Nope. Thought the whole point of a lower cost iPhone would be to increase marketshare in certain markets. Only a $100 price difference in both contract and in prepaid(off contract) isn't going to do that.

18. macrumors member

Wait, so I can stream live from my phone, but he can't do it in a "small venue" with only a couple hundred seats and several HD cams running around? Puh-lease.

19. macrumors member

Maybe but he definitely knows how to make a mid range phone for a premium price.

20. macrumors newbie

Why is there no salutation in the email, but just the rakish "Team:"?

Are employees machines, that receive orders?

21. macrumors regular

Apple is using the same 3 slot pricing model it used last year. Only this time instead of demoting the top phone one slot, they got rid of it and replaced with new model.

22. macrumors 68030

einmusiker

wow a fingerprint sensor yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn :rolleyes:

23. macrumors 6502

Curun

Who thought this?

Obviously not Apple.

24. macrumors 65816

What's up with iWork?

At first it got a lot of prime time exposure getting annual updates and costing $99 if I remember. But it seems like over time it's just sort of faded into the background and now it's just free (to new buyers) and in the cloud. What is the long term play here? Sure it will get those apps into more people's hands but I don't think it will dramatically increase their usage or encourage people who need MS Office to give it up.

25. macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

Don't worry it will still sell in record numbers because 1) it's an iPhone and 2) it's all new.