Tim Cook to Headline D11: All Things Digital Conference Next Month

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Apr 30, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple CEO Tim Cook will be the opening night speaker at the 11th D: All Things Digital conference next month. Last year, Cook joined hosts Kara Swisher and Walt Mossberg for a 100-minute session that covered a wide variety of topics.

[​IMG]
    Tim Cook makes very few public appearances, but appears to be making the D Conference his preferred interview spot much like his predecessor Steve Jobs did. Jobs appeared on the D stage six times in nine years.

D11 will take place from May 28-30, 2013 at the Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes, California.

Article Link: Tim Cook to Headline D11: All Things Digital Conference Next Month

2. macrumors 6502

He's going to TRIPLE down on security this time.

3. macrumors regular

Hopefully we'll get some hints as to what will be unveiled at WWDC. I can't wait that long!

4. macrumors 65816

bacaramac

Not sure why, but it's been quiet from Apple's corner recently so I'm getting anxious for some product releases. Unfortunately this won't be the forum for it. Hope we get some good insight on technology though.

5. macrumors 6502a

The anticipation that preceded the Apple CEO opening an event like this just isn't there anymore. Now, it's like 'eh'.

There is a part of me that would equally like to hear what Samsung has to say about the future. Of course, they're vilified on this forum but it's my thought nonetheless.

6. macrumors regular

In all seriousness we haven't seen many leaks so far. Many of the hints seem to be coming from Cook himself although only in terms of timeframes, not features.

7. GQB
    macrumors 65816

You're ****** kidding us, right?
    Name anything Samsung has done that has ever been more than a modified 'me too'.
    What Macintosh, iPod, iPhone or iPad have they every come up with?

Well, I guess you have a point with their brilliant roll-out presentations like Radio City of the Bollywood fiasco this week.

8. macrumors 6502

We Have Great Things in The Pipeline

He'll answer No questions with any substance and continue to say "We Have Great Things in The Pipeline.

It will be nothing more than a rehash of the earnings call.

9. macrumors member

Tim

I hope he talks like a real person this time and not just Apple's CEO.

10. macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

That should be as exciting as watching paint dry. :D

11. macrumors 6502a

TheRainKing

This.

Tim Cook never has anything interesting to say.

12. macrumors 6502

HangmanSwingset

Scumbag Tim Cook not making Safari snappier or whatever it is that makes Apple 'doomed'.

...Am I trolling Apple forums right?

13. macrumors 68000

Porco

[​IMG]
    A fraction of a second later, Tim produced apparently magical sparks of electricity between his hands, powered by the new Apple iWatch hidden up his sleeve.

14. macrumors 68040

elppa

Mmm… innovative might not be the first adjective that would spring to mind.

15. macrumors 6502

Seeing this

Does anybody know if it is possible to get tickets for events at D: All things digital, both the Tim Cook interview and other interviews? How does one do this?

16. macrumors 65816

Drifting through space in a broken escape pod
    "The future will be what our competitors come up with."

17. macrumors 6502

That would make him look eerily like Emperor Palpatine in this photo.

18. macrumors 6502a

As with all these events, many words will be spoken but not much information given.

19. macrumors 65816

Drifting through space in a broken escape pod
    I actually have a request. Last year MacRumors had a guy there who asked a fairly self-serving question about what Tim Cook thought about sites like MacRumors. If MacRumors has somebody there again, could you please ask a question some of us care about, like if Apple is actually going to give their computing line (specifically the Mac Pro) the emphasis it deserves? Without content-creation, content-consumption devices like the iPhone, iPad, iPod, and iWatch won't have anything to entertain people with. Does Apple actually realize that laptops and iMacs don't cut it?

20. macrumors P6

Peace

The answer to that would be " We have some exciting things in our pipeline for the pro user". And that would be it.

21. macrumors 6502

OtherJesus

He's done well. Leaks have been next to nothing. I'm really looking forward to his interview this year. It's going to be a great insight into the future.

22. macrumors G5

Rogifan

I wish Tim would let someone else from Apple attend. He's just not interesting to listen to. I know when Steve was alive he was THE face of Apple but Tim isn't Steve and he doesn't need to be.

23. macrumors 68000

keysofanxiety

Unfortunately TC would probably reply with his usual rhetoric (see other people's posts for examples of these) :D

24. macrumors 603

You only need a Mac for the final part of developing an app. Everything else like unity and adobe apps run on any platform

25. macrumors 68020

I can't wait to hear from a logistics guy.