Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
As a fellow Bay Stater, I'll venture a guess. :D Some of think or assume that the company big wigs would have access to the latest and greatest for testing and real hands on experience. I remember reading that the first iPhone prototypes had plastic screens as was common at the time and Steve found that it got all scratched up with keys in his pocket, leading to the use of glass. At some phase of development, they would try out the prototypes and evaluate them, make suggestions, yell at someone, etc.

I am sure they have access to it. That's a no brainer. To assume they use it as their daily driver and walk around with it all the time is just... silly. Especially knowing that people (like you folks) will take a gander at his pocket, start blowing up the picture, and taking measurements.

Someone mentioned Steve Jobs did it. I still feel that is hardly enough evidence to assume Cook does it too. To each his own I guess. People belive what they want to believe.

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2004
Hmmm

5eb87r.png

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
Anyone know if this will be open to the public in any way? Maybe even have a company store? It'd be awesome if I can get an Apple cap or something like that.

Pman17

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2011
Galveston, TX
Texas Governor Perry has given major tax breaks to corporations, effectively luring some tech companies in Silicon Valley like Apple to either relocate or expand facilities there. On the non-tech side, Toyota is building a new headquarters in Austin.

Gun manufacturer, Magpul is also moving to Texas. Industry is booming in Texas and a lot of people are moving down here from up north.

----------

That's not a phone in Tim Cook's pocket. It's a flask of bourbon. HEY HO!

It's one of those iPhone flasks you get at Specs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.