Timbuk2 "Blogger" bag

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by shecky, Oct 28, 2006.

1. shecky Guest

shecky

anyone have a Timbuk2 Blogger?

i am specifically trying to figure out if a 17" MBP will fit into it, it looks like it will just make it but i was hoping if anyone has one with a 15" could tell me if there is any wiggle room side to side and top to bottom?

thanks!

2. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

If it says it fits a 15" laptop, there won't be room for a 17". I have another timbuk2 bag with the same compartment dimensions and my 14.1" widescreen fills the whole space side to side. A 17" would definitely not fit.

You can always call timbuk2 with the measurements of your system to be sure, but I'm pretty sure it's too wide.

3. shecky thread starter Guest

shecky

even tho it says "fits up to 15" MBP" the dimensions on the site read like it will fit a 17" but there is a weird discrepancy:

it says in the measurements fits laptops no bigger than
    15.5" x 10.25" x 1.75"

but the "overall dimensions" of the bag are
    15.0" x 11.75" x 7"

so i do not know if there is a messup there or what, but how can it fit a laptop thats .5" bigger than the bag? assuming that they just transposed the numbers then the actual dimentions of the laptop compartment look to be more like:
    15.0 x 10.25 x 1.75

and the 17" MBP is:
    15.4 x 10.4 x 1.0

so the question is will the extra .4" vertically and .15" horizontally be a problem? looking at the way the bag is made it looks like it may stick out a touch above the sleeve but will still fit inside the bag itself; i also suspect that the side to side difference of just .15" should not matter.

i may just have to get it from ebags.com and see for myself and suck up the $4.99 return fee if it does not work.

its hard finding a small vertical bag for the 17"!

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Tell me about it! When Timbuk says 15" they MEAN it. My 15" fits into my commuter without any room to move really. I wouldn't chance it. The 17" vert is hard to find because I think people find them too long. If you are leggy and such then it's not bad. I am not leggy and that would hit my knees unless I made the strap short, and then it would look stupid.

5. shecky thread starter Guest

shecky

hmmmm see thats what i am wondering about; how tight the tolerances are on their bags. it seems to me that if the 17" stuck up .5" above the sleeve but the sleeve's velcro still closed around it and held it in place, i could live with that.

still trying to find out between this bag and the Crumpler "the Luncheon"

6. shecky thread starter Guest

shecky

well, i was in the apple store today and they had the STM bag in there, so i walked it over to a 17" CD laptop and unplugged the power cord and put it in there, and it fit fine other than about 1.5" sticking out the top. the timbuk2's bag has a longer measurement for the height and slightly narrower for the width so i ordered it off ebags.com and will try it out when it gets here.