Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grazzio

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Guildford, UK
Ok, I have a macbook and an iMac, I am using a Time Capsule to store files that I may want to access on both (within the home)

I have put all my iTunes on it as a 80g HD is not enough on a macbook for all the songs, vids, etc.

It worked when a wired HD was with the iMac but now its wireless iTunes seems to forget some of the songs. Not all of them just some of them. It happens when I Sync my iPhone with the Macbook. The capsule has been on the whole time and I just leave it on all the time so its on before the macbook or imac.

When I click "get info" the file path is the same as what I would manually enter, so why cant they be found?

rWally

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2006
Denver, CO
Ok, I have a macbook and an iMac, I am using a Time Capsule to store files that I may want to access on both (within the home)

I have put all my iTunes on it as a 80g HD is not enough on a macbook for all the songs, vids, etc.

It worked when a wired HD was with the iMac but now its wireless iTunes seems to forget some of the songs. Not all of them just some of them. It happens when I Sync my iPhone with the Macbook. The capsule has been on the whole time and I just leave it on all the time so its on before the macbook or imac.

When I click "get info" the file path is the same as what I would manually enter, so why cant they be found?

I have an issue wirelessly accessing parts of my iTunes library that is stored on my time capsule as well. I've found that if I set my itunes folder to the time capsule it seems to clear up the issue.

For some reason the time capsule's hard drive won't 'wake up' when you try to access it's file wirelessly via iTunes and iTunes claims it kind find the file. Kind of annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.