Time Change Update for OS X 10.3.7?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by flutterby15, Apr 1, 2007.

1. flutterby15 macrumors newbie

Apr 1, 2007
    hey everyone :)

I am a new member here, and I am not even sure if this is in the right place...but here I go anyway (please move this if it is not in the right place)

I currently have an Apple Ibook G4 with OS X 10.3.7

I don't use it for the internet and so it doesn't have any internet browsers installed on it at all (explorer, firefox etc) and I am not even sure if it has a wireless card that works or anything. I like to write and so all I use it for is writing, listening to music and occasionally watching DVD's. I really only use Microsoft Word, ITunes, The DVD player and the calendar once in a while. It only has a few other programs even installed on it. I looked on the Apple website, and I saw there were updates for the time zone changes, however the only ones I could find were for OS X 10.3.9 or higher. I don't have internet at my little student apartment (right now I am using the internet at my school's computer lab) and so I can't download OS X 10.3.8 and then 10.3.9...plus I have never had a problem with my computer at all (except when there was a battery recalled and I had to order a new one) until now. The clocked changed last night because it is still set for the old daylight savings time. I don't really want to go through all the trouble of upgrading it (twice) as my laptop works fine and I don't really need to.

Does anyone know if there is a patch or some other program (which is a DMG file) that I could download that would update the daylight savings time changes on my computer (I could get away with downloading that at school) I found one, however it was a zip file...which would not work on my computer. If not, is there any way I can stop my computer from changing automatically, so then I can just update it manually when the time changes? (and not have to worry about it changing back later)

Thanks for all your help :)
  2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

Jul 24, 2002
    Apple only release maintenance updates for the latest patched version of an OS. So you need to get up to 10.3.9 to start with. You can download that in the form of a (rather large) dmg from here. You can the download the DST patch from here.
  3. tulipgirl macrumors newbie

Apr 7, 2007
    I believe the poster said she was using the internet at her school's computer lab . She would not be to download anything from those computers (as it most likely not allowed) especially any files that are so big (twice, because if she has 10.3.7, she will have to upgrade to 10.3.8 and 10.3.9) She stated that she bend the rules a bit and download a small update, however nothing as big as those upgrades.

As for a DST update for a system before 10.3.9, I also had the same problem. I am currently using 10.3.8 (with no internet) and have no desire to upgrade 10.3.9 I do not use the internet on my Mac either, as the only thing I use it for is listening to sound files, recording and editing music and other sound files, creating music and sound effects, taking the scrambles and noises out of music and sound files, bringing multiple tracks together, analyzing music and sounds etc. Like flutterby, I am happy with the system I have now and have no need to upgrade (nor do I want to) I was quite upset when Apple did not release an update for systems before 10.3.9, however I found an update here http://www.afp548.com/article.php?story=20070128143720897 for systems before 10.3.9 It is the first link on the page. This patch worked great for me. It updated everything for me and on the day when the clocks changed mine changed at the correct time.