Time flies by....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by RichyHo, Apr 3, 2007.

1. RichyHo macrumors member

RichyHo

Another week gone... another 7 days of F5-ing MacRumors in the hope of at least a sniff of a rumor about new macs and/or OS. It feels like I've been waiting forever. Ah well... I guess it's kinda character building... I guess?

And today's Tuesday... that peak of the week where I get 'that special tingle'.. convinced that the Apple homepage is going to surprise me. When I was a kid it was always Saturdays I looked forward to.. there was this show on UK TV called "TISWAS" (Today Is Saturday We All Sing) that summed-up the Saturday feeling... and now it's Tuesdays..... "Today Is Tuesday Where's Apple's New Kit"... cough... ahem.

Wake me up when it's all over..... I'm spent.

2. Vidd macrumors 6502a

Vidd

I know how you feel but then again so do a lot of the members here.
    What was the wait for Tiger like?

3. RojoLeo macrumors 6502

BAHAHA :D

4. jklps macrumors regular

All I know is that we'll really know what's going on at WWDC on June 11th..69 days away.

5. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

How about NAB...maybe we will at least find out special features or hear an announcement for a release date...

6. RichyHo thread starter macrumors member

RichyHo

7. ready2switch macrumors 6502

I know everyone's waiting on WWDC in June, but just to stir the pot a bit, consider this:

Intel Developer Forum (IDF) will be in Beijing on April 17-18. From Intel's page on it: "IDF is where headline-making announcements are made and new technologies are introduced...."

NAB2007 (National Association of Broadcasters' Convention) will be in Las Vegas on April 14-19, where Apple just happens to have a HUGE booth (several booths, actually).

Now, I'm not going to even speculate that everything we've been waiting for will be announced during this time frame, but it certainly has the possibility for something good. :D

8. robPOD macrumors 6502

The long awaited 6g ipod isnt supposed to come out untill 3rd or 4th quarter:mad: .

9. RichyHo thread starter macrumors member

RichyHo

I wasn't in the buying-new-hardware frame of mind at the time so didn't pay it much notice if I'm honest. The same would be true this time if I wasn't waiting to buy a new Mac. The new OS is a 'nice to have' as far as I'm concerned as I can upgrade at any point in the future. It's more the hardware wait that's niggling me. I don't need a new Mac as I have my MacBook and my home PC, but I have earmarked a wedge to spend on a mac when the next batch arrive (either an iMac or a Mac Pro).

I'm interested in what the 'secret features' of Leopard will be though. I hope it's not just that it'll run on a PC!

Tick...tick...tick....

10. tristan macrumors 6502a

Maybe Apple will become like Ford. They sold the same car, the Model T, for 20+ years. :D Talk about a long wait for a product.

Yeah, waiting's the worst - but aside from the MacPros quad core CPUs, I don't see what the new kit's actually going to have in the way of new hardware. Santa Rosa MBP will be the big deal, but that's not until later this year.