Time for new computer

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by cslewis, Jul 23, 2004.

  1. macrumors 6502a

    cslewis

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2004
    Location:
    40º27.8''N, 75º42.8''W
    #1
    My friend says he wants my 1.25 GHz eMac (the specs are in my signature). It has SuperDrive. He'll pay me $899, as i've had it for only a year. I also have $1200 of my own cash. I want another Powerbook, what do you think I should get? (Love my 15'')

    :D :D :D
     
  2. macrumors 6502a

    Solafaa

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2004
    Location:
    Daddy said not to talk to strangers
    #2
    Well if you already own a PB why do you want another one?

    Your eMac has good specs and will last you atleast 3 more year, if you really want to sell it do so but i think you should wait for the new iMac and get your self one. 1 PB is enough.

    BTW why do you want to buy another one?
     
  3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

    cslewis

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2004
    Location:
    40º27.8''N, 75º42.8''W
    #3
    I work for a graphic arts firm- my current powerbook is for work, provied by work. Evil HR directors determined that if I use it for personal use, my 'privleges' will be revoked. :mad: :mad: :mad: So I guess if I want a computer for myself I need to buy one. :mad: :mad:

    I love my work Powerbook, so I guess I should get another. The G5 iMacs sound AWESOME though. Hrmm... Powerbook, iMac, Powerbook, iMac... :confused:
     
  4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

    cslewis

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2004
    Location:
    40º27.8''N, 75º42.8''W
    #4
    Anyone know what I should get? I decided another Powerbook wasn't right for me. Imac? PowerMac? :confused:
     
  5. macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2004
    Location:
    New York
    #5
    I would say go for the PowerBook. I wouldn't suggest getting a Rev A G5 iMac because it's probably going to be plagued with buggs.
     
  6. macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2004
    Location:
    New York
    #6
    Ok, well if you decided against getting a PB then get the G5 tower.
     
  7. thread starter macrumors 6502a

    cslewis

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2004
    Location:
    40º27.8''N, 75º42.8''W
    #7
    I dunno if I should wait for the G5 imac- the allure of not having to buy a screen appeals to me. How are the current imacs? The specs seem OK.
     
  8. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2003
    Location:
    Boston, MA
    #8
    Don't get one of the current iMacs, they aren't as good a machine the eMacs... if you want an iMac, wait until the G5
     
  9. thread starter macrumors 6502a

    cslewis

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2004
    Location:
    40º27.8''N, 75º42.8''W
    #9
    Update: My friend bought HIS OWN emac. Case closed. Thanks for the advice. :D
     
  10. macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2004
    Location:
    Perth, Australia
    #10
    Update: My friend bought HIS OWN emac. Case closed. Thanks for the advice

    B*&^#%D :)
     

Share This Page