Time in Mail different from rest of computer!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Ish, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Ish macrumors 68000

Ish

I noticed a while ago that the time in Mail was 4 hours ahead of the rest of my computer. This affects not only the incoming mail but mail that has been sitting in my inbox for some time.

I have a 1.67GB PB, running 10.4.8. I had another new logic board installed a couple of months ago but can't say when the problem actually started. The computer is set up to get date and time automatically.

I haven't been able to find anything to reset the time in Mail or to discover how it can be different. Can anyone help, please?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

What do you mean? It sounds like the messages in your Inbox are timestamped differently than the files on your computer. Make sure that you have chosen the proper Time Zone. Synchronize your computer's clock with a time server. Check View > Columns > Date Received.

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I had the same problem with one of the machines I look after at work. The solution ended up being to remove com.apple.mail.plist from the Preferences folder when Mail was closed and then reconfiguring the client.

4. Ish thread starter macrumors 68000

Ish

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give them a try. Someone just said tonight it might be our local server because they also had problems like that. I'll come back and let you know what the final solution was.

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Interesting. I had two machines accessing the same IMAP account but only one of them had this problem. It was annoying, to say the least.

6. connorhays macrumors member

I had the same problem, one time when it completely died the times synched up

7. Ish thread starter macrumors 68000

Ish

Problem solved — it was the server. For some reason it thought it was some time other than the one it was supposed be at. It's now been synched up and everything is working again. Thanks for the support.