Time incorrect after booting to windows

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Razorhog, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Razorhog macrumors 65816

Razorhog

Each time I boot to windows, when I come back to Mac OS X, the time is wrong. Sometimes just opening the date and time pane in system prefs makes it go back to the right time, others I have to manually set it. It is set to the right time zone. I've had to reset the time in windows too. Anyone know what's up?

2. Foggy macrumors 6502a

No idea but I get the same problem too - havent had a chance to look into it yet but noticed it last night after I had loaded XP through bootcamp.

3. Razorhog thread starter macrumors 65816

Razorhog

Well at least I'm not alone. Anyone have a solution?

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

According to the Apple FAQ this is resolved with BootCamp Beta 1.1.

5. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Like RobbieDuncan said, its been resolved [apparently].

It was a well known issue, as well as Windows not keeping the correct time on each boot - but Apple said both were resolved with the new Bootcamp.

6. Razorhog thread starter macrumors 65816

Razorhog

7. piltupso macrumors regular

I am having the same problem. I have the time set to update over the network but it lately it seems it won't update and I have to set it manually. Is there a way to force it to look over the network and update time?
    I am upgrading to boot camp 1.1.2 today hopefully that will help as I am currently running 1.1.1 and am still having the problem.

8. Neonguy macrumors 6502

Bootcamp 1.1.2 here and it isn't resolved. It will show incorrect time at first but after awhile later it corrected itself.

9. piltupso macrumors regular

I am noticing something a little weird. When I open my date and time window I get the spinning beach ball for a sec, which is odd because on this Mac Pro just about every thing springs open so quick. I am guessing this could be because it searching for a network time? I also noticed it updated the time in the window but the change did not apply to the clock in my menu bar in order to get that to stick I had to switch to manual mode and clock save. Any one have any ideas on what I have going on here?

10. Gandalf! macrumors member

It happened to me too. I seemed to fix it by locking the date/time in OSX. Hope this helps.

11. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

My time still is off, and like a user said earlier, it won't update automatically. I tell it to use network time, it gives me the beachball for a few seconds, and it never updates. I also use 1.1.2

12. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

I ran into this last night, installing/using the latest version of Bootcamp - the time shown during Windows setup was incorrect. However after installing Windows and the Mac drivers, and setting the clock to use a timeserver (but NOT first adjusting it manually; this seemed to be important), it fixed itself.

I actually did the Windows install twice (hey I had my reasons...). The first time I manually fixed the incorrect time during setup, but that caused the time to screw up once I booted into OS X. The second time through I didn't fix the time, set the clock to use the timeserver again, etc. - and the time was then correct in both Windows and OS X.

I don't know much about EFI, but if this were BIOS-based I'd suspect that the computer internal clock's time zone was set to Shanghai time, and it's that offset that's causing the problem.