Time is slowing down - in Venezuela

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Mr. Anderson, Feb 28, 2003.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

2. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Oh yeah!

That was since a year ago, power companies needs money to increase production and update equipment, since all that money is going to Cuba, Bin Laden (I'm not kidding at all) and every single comunist pocket... the industry is doing what they can to mantaing the power going, that means reducing the amps or cicles per seconds (or minutes I do not know), so every day we are waking up a bit later, but who cares, we have no jobs neither.

But that is not even important, what is really bad is that we haven't receive a good ammount of rain in the last 4 years! the lakes that provides water to the mayor cities are 20 metters below they normal level (one metter = 2 1/2 feet or something).

Just to tell you that a 1/4 liter water bottle is more expensive than fill up your car with gas. I'm not kidding, the mineral water cost Bs. 2.500 and for the same ammount I can fill up my car with 95 octane gas.

This country is perfect for a tv cartoon Simpsons like but called "The Gonzales". Venezulea is so the oposite of everything, there are no rules, or laws, only gravity and sun light.

3. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

4. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Ja! those are peanuts compare if you come down here.

5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

6. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

Are you still going to follow up with the migration to Florida, Mymemory?

7. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

did anyone else not know there was a science of measuring time?

Funny how we need a science to understand a concept that we've created.

edit> before i get yelled at, please understand that i have no education in science other than core requirements at cmu. my eductaion is in the arts and humanities, ergo i view time as a man-made construct, rather than a physical dimension/element/whathaveyou

8. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

This is very very hard on electric devices. Even more so then running high voltage. When you reduce voltage resistance/amps/draw increases. Thus creating heat in every connection and solder joint in the electronic device. I have seen many many motorcycle computer fried because people wouldn't keep there bike batteries charged and were always starting with a low battery. This would be a good time to have a UPS. The batteries in the UPS will work like a capacitor to regulate the power and give you a constant voltage at the level that is needed.

9. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Moving to Florida

Yes, I'm working around that, right now I have an issue with the agent that was working with my papers in NY because it looks like she is cheatting on me.

paulwhannel:

Jimmy Carter is the one making comunism possible in my country. Every body here wish the hell for him. Thanks to Carter there arev people in this country that hates a bit more the US, of course people know he is not the US feeling but...

When a country like Venezuela turns comunist, the citizens loose their rights on their posetions. In other words, all the companies wilol be sold to foreing countries and you can bet that is a really good business for some one who is between the dictator and the foreing constumers.

10. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

That's odd about the clocks.

mymemory - Hope that you will make it to America just fine!