Time issues with Windows 7x64 and Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Charliebird, Mar 14, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

Mar 10, 2010
    Recently, I Boot Camped my new i5 27" iMac with Windows 7x64. I noticed the time in Win 7 was off by five hours. I corrected the time on Win 7 and then Snow Leopard was off by 5 hours. I set both O/S to autosync and time always shows up correctly in Win 7. In Snow Leopard when I first boot up the system the time is always off by 5 hours however it would correct itself via auto-sync. In Win 7 I've added the HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation\RealTimeIsUniversal registry key. I think it's fixed my issue except for last night where Win 7 was off by an hour. I think this was related to daylight savings because the time is correct again this morning. I know this issue has been covered before however I'm not sure what is the current preferred resolution. Any suggestions?
  2. macrumors P6

Mar 20, 2004
    "Between the Hedges"
    I think you have found the resolution
    It has to do with the way Windows and OSX reference time differently
  3. Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    Whakatane, New Zealand
    Yep, that'd be daylight saving causing trouble; the time here on MR was out by an hour for me yesterday too.