Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CLovewell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2015
Hi guys,

I have been trying to set up Time Machine to work over wifi with my Netgear D6200 and a powered WD 2TB hard drive plugged into the USB.

I followed these steps here:
http://sketchytech.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/setting-up-netgear-readyshare-wifi.html

My initial backup, albiet very slow, seems to work. The problem is when it goes to do the next backup I get an error saying the drive cannot be found and to please try again when the harddrive is plugged in.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? The harddrive always worked when plugged in direct to my rMBP.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Chris

CLovewell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 30, 2015
Thanks for your reply Satcomer. I'm trying this now (doing the initial backup which has worked in the past) and will post my results when completed.

Thanks for taking the time to reply :)

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
Thanks for your reply Satcomer. I'm trying this now (doing the initial backup which has worked in the past) and will post my results when completed.

Thanks for taking the time to reply :)

I just purchased this DSL modem/router combo for my mom. I want to help them set it up to do time machine backups to two Mac computers (OS X 10.6 & 10.9 installed.). Did you get time machine to work to work with your system/router? (The link above is for an r8000, not the d6200 although it hopefully is the same.....)

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
Also, I would prefer two backups on the one USB hard drive (for simplicity) so can I just make two partitions and the macs will see both in the time machine select menu, or do I need to do something else as well?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Also, I would prefer two backups on the one USB hard drive (for simplicity) so can I just make two partitions and the macs will see both in the time machine select menu, or do I need to do something else as well?
Yes.... just make two petitions and select one for each Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.