Time machine back up

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Aka-waz, Dec 11, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Dec 11, 2012
    I backed up my mac on time mechine to sell my mac. I normaly keep my photo in iphotos and my song in itunes when i download or tranfer them from my phone. i just drag them to the applications and put them there basicly i dnt keep them in the folders but when i backed up in time mechine i didnt include in the opition says include application. after i sold my mac i tryd to open the back up files on my mates mac it let me open the folders but not application i understand that i cant open application but if i restore my backups when i get my new mac will i get my photos and music that was in application or i should of included the application in time mechine please let me know anyone.
  2. macrumors P6

Jan 23, 2005
    If you had photos in iPhoto and did a full Time Machine backup, they will be there in the backup. When you get the new machine just connect the Time Machine disk and run Migration Assistant on the new machine. That will import all your photos back to the new machine.

I think your problem now is you are trying to manually open the iPhoto library while it is still on the Time Machine disk, and it is really not designed to do that.

You will be fine. :)