Time Machine Backups Not Showing

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mrockm01, Jul 15, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

Oct 25, 2007
    I had time machine working like a champ on my old computer. I use a partitioned external hard drive connected to my airport at home to backup all of my data. However, I recently got a new MacBook pro. Migration went fine and now I am having trouble starting backups with my new computer.

I am aware that time machine backups are tied to the computer, and that there is not way to resume the backups from a new computer (unless you can code with http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20080128003716101). So I deleted my old bundle and started over.

Problem: My new computer does not find the previous backups in time machine (from the same computer). Last night I backed up all of my 150GB hard drive, and this morning I can not locate the old backup in time machine. It says that I have no previous backups and the only "version" is the current one. From the pictures, it says that I had a successful backup last night, and that it also can not find it. What should I do?

Thank You

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 6502

Apr 9, 2011
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    I had a problem where I backed up my machine, wiped it, and tried to restore it. It said that it couldn't find any backups on the current Time Capsule. I was beyond scared to death! I then used Finder and looked inside the Time Capsule folder and saw that for some reason, the name of the sparse bundle was Macintosh, and not the name of my computer. So I changed the name and my computer was able to detect it.