Time Mag Cover Story- Obama

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by trebblekicked, Oct 15, 2006.

1. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

Link

Interesting read. The big question (will he run in '08) is left officially unanswered, with two possible unspoken answers: yes, or let me make you think yes so you'll buy more copies of my book.

Still, it's a pretty thorough piece that outlines his strong and weak points, and reinforces what I like about him; his careful, thoughtful demeanor and disgust for partisanship.

Personally? I'd love to see him run. I think America's ready for thoughtfulness and actual bi-partisanship again. Also, the article mentions Obama's push with überconservative Tom Coburn to publish every government contract. How could a prospective voter not like that?

2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

While Obama will officially be old enough to run in 2008, he'd be very young by president standards. I think that Hilary Clinton will be the democratic candidate in 2008, and Obama will be the next democratic candidate in 2016

3. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

America may be ready for bi-partisanship, but I'm not.

The Republican leadership has shown they have no interest in working with others, only lining their own pockets and lining up behind the President, regardless of the consequences to the health of the country.

Screw 'em.

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I agree with your statement, this party has divided our nation with every policy they make. I wouldnt care for Hillary but I do think we need a thoughtful real person looking out for the "PEOPLE" and not the greedy corporations Cheney & Bush work hard for. Still how can anyone get through the election process without big $$$ from the greedy corporations? It doesnt happen. The process is tainted & corrupt.

5. trebblekicked thread starter macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

i'm with you- screw the leadership. but having a dem pres who can make the sensible republicans useful in their newfound minority position? that could go a long way towards healing the wounds of rovian politics. it's better than entering a never-ending cycle of power abuse and dirty politics, right?

6. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

My prediction: Obama will not run for president in 2008 and probably not in 2012 if a Democrat is elected as president in '08. In the meantime (assuming he has presidential aspirations), he'll try to find a political office that gives him a good springboard to the White House, which traditionally, the Senate is not. Governor of Illinois, perhaps?