Time to bomb Saddam!

Discussion in 'Community' started by peter2002, Mar 18, 2003.

1. al256 macrumors 6502a

al256

OH YEAH! War is really cool! Especially when all those people die. War is no laughing matter. I doubt the U.S will ONLY kill the members of the Iraqi military. I have yet to see an discriminating bullet, have you? :::sigh::: why do people make these movies?

2. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

3. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

4. robotrenegade macrumors 6502a

5. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

here we go again on the war issues. we are going to war, get over it.

iJon

6. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

"Always look on the bright side of life!"

This just adds some humor to the current situation...

I thought it was funny.

7. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

i certainly wouldn't mention this half-assed flash and three chords and a cloud of MIDI dust with eric idle and neil innes in the same post.;)

8. kiwi macrumors member

9. wsteineker macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Much like those who'd post such a thing, eh? This is a joke. When will peter2002 stop being allowed to post flamebait? Ass.

10. Chef Ramen macrumors member

this situation is no laughing matter. hundreds of thousands of people will DIE because of lies

11. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

War is not a laughing manor, its a shame we have to result to this but there is no other way when you are dealing with a horrible man like Saddam. He has murdered and tortured his own people in so many different and cruel ways it would make you cry. People are putting their life on the line not only for our country but for Iraq. Please remember this. Iraqi's live in fear everyday because of this one man and his thugs. It is time to Bomb Saddam, Past time, lets really hope and pray that the innocent, our troops, and others come out of this safely and we can get rid of this Killer and Free another country.

12. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

thousands of people die in Iraq because of Sadam every year, in the long run this will save lives.

Anyway if the UK was run by an evil dictator, I would be glad for the US for come in and take him out. The Iraq people have more chance of dieing from Sadam than the US.

Also it is Sadams fault if Iraq people die, he puts all his military stuff in hospitals etc, hopeing the US will not attack them. Hitler did the same, it is basically using the wests respect for human life against us. The US puts military bases out side of built up areas.

13. peter2002 thread starter macrumors 6502

You liberals are such ingrates. I guess the USA shouldn't have freed Europe during WWII because we accidentaly killed millions during our bombing runs. Yeah, the USA was the real evil doers then. What a bunch of bull? This war will be over in less than 2 weeks.

14. Datazoid macrumors regular

Why is this what it always comes down to any time anybody posts something anti-war? Liberals this, Liberals that. Can't you people get a new line?

15. Chef Ramen macrumors member

the invasion may be over quickly but the occupation will last years

16. Steradian macrumors 6502

hey, not all of us liberals are ingrates thank you very much, I personally am a liberal and currently i am Pro war, but for issues that should be disscussed in the political fourms...

17. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

I think what you should do, DHM, is copy this to a text file and just paste it into every thread that comes up in the political forums. As it is, I think I've seen various rewordings of this exact same post from you about 30 times so far. I admire your dedication. Maybe if you keep talking to the wall, the wall will move.

18. wsteineker macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Why is it that the people, both in government and in society at large, who are currently so very pro-war with Iraq based (supposedly) on human rights issues are the same people who bitched and moaned when the US was, with the FULL SUPPORT of the UN, removing a dictator bent on genocide from power in Kosovo? Guess it's not as important an issue if there's no oil involved. Just a little food for thought...

19. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Actually your wrong, clinton circumnavigated the U.N. on this, Getting the U.N. to agree on anything is almost impossible. That is why its relevence is being questioned. George tried to be the good guy and get the U.N. together on this. He didnt figure France would weasel. First they signed 1441 then threaten veto on anything. Just like now they are weaseling saying that if Saddam uses his chemo/bio weapons they would help us. Gee with help like that who needs them.

20. wsteineker macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Unfortunately, my friend, it is you who's wrong in this particular situation. The US acted with the full support of the UN and in alliance with a NATO task force in Kosovo. Don't believe me? Just check out this link fron CNN.com. I think that takes care of any ambiguity in this situation.

As for the issue of "weaseling," I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that Germany, China, and Russia all disagree with the US and outright support France's position with the Security Council. Why aren't any of the warmongers and jingoists in this thread mentioning that? Why does all of this hatred center on the French? Is it because they've spoken the loudest? Also, I'd think that you would be thrilled with French pledges to aid the US-led efforts should bio/chem weapons be used. It lends a very small amount of validity to your argument. Guess you're too busy spouting rhetoric to stop and see the obvious.

21. taeclee99 macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

22. wsteineker macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

It appears that you are correct in regards to the date of NATO strikes beginning and the date of UN resolution 1244. I should have done more thorough research. That said, I did go out of my way to mention that the US acted with a NATO task force, not a UN force. I have yet to find evidence of members of the Security Council speaking out against US or NATO action in Kosovo. In fact, all of the Security Council permanent member nations save Russia and China actually participated in the NATO strikes.

I believe the prime problem here is that the vast majority of the people on this planet feel like the US has some sort of ulterior motive in regard to Iraq. Kosovo has no oil or other great riches, and as such it seems fair to say that the US, along with NATO, acted solely out of a moral imperative to end genocide and restore stability to what has traditionally been the most volatile region of Europe. I do not doubt that the Bush administration feels that they, too, are doing the right thing. I, like so many others, simply question their reason for doing it.

I have taken part in war protests and I voted for Gore. None of that has anything to do with my personal dislike of President Bush. I do believe him to be a threat to global stability, moreso than Hussein to say the least. He has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that the US, once the global standard for virtue and honor, has fallen so far as to become the nation-state version of a schoolyard bully. Saddam Hussein is a foul and detestable excuse for a human being, but that does NOT give the US reason to simply do away with him. We must understand that we are not the only ones on this planet who matter, that in order for any global organization devoted to the ideals of peace and democracy such as the UN to be successful we must listen to and abide by their ruling, especially when we don't like what they have to say. That's what our first ammendment and the rule of law are all about, right?

23. voicegy macrumors 65816

voicegy

Sandy Eggo - MacRumors Member since 1-1-2002
    Geesh, here we go again for the 187th time...no one is right or wrong in these discussions, and this one started with a stupid flash movie.

Flamebait is right...I almost think that some of us get a kick out of just starting a post about SOMETHING, ANYTHING to do with "the War" and sitting back and watching everyone wring each others' necks. It's so predicitable.:rolleyes:

24. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I hope nobody over there takes THIS seriously. If WE have a problem, WE will take care of it, thank you very much. KEEP OUT. Your "smart" carpet-bombing isn't smart enough. :confused: