time to buy?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by j83com, Apr 4, 2006.

1. macrumors newbie

I've wanted one for a while now.
    I've been waiting for the ipod video but nothing so far...there were rumors a while back about a new ipod coming out...now nothing.
    Should I just go out and get one or wait a little more?
    I really don't want to have a gen.6 come out two weeks later.
    Thanks,
    A

2. macrumors 65816

rye9

At this point, I dont know what to say. Ive been wanting one too and I thought something wouldve come out today, but no. There was even rumors about these two months ago and still nothing. I would imagine one wouldn't come out for maybe two months... why I guess this i dont know... i just doubt something will come out in april or may. So I would probably buy now, I might even do that because I was waiting for the 6G too, but now I don't really expect soon. But like many say, just go out and get it and be happy. I haven't done that yet but it seems like a good idea to me since I've been waiting two months, I might even get mine next week.! :D

3. macrumors 65816

celebrian23

It's hard to say right now. Unlike with the future intel ibook, a video ipod isn't something that eventually they must get around to. They obviously are trying to update everything to intel, but the ipod is more questionable. I agree that you should just buy and be happy- no matter what, your "new" ipod will become old in no time at all anyways.

4. macrumors G4

dmw007

5. macrumors 68000

student_trap

dam right, buy one and enjoy it, if they were only 40gig instead of 30, i'd join you!

6. macrumors newbie

sub question!

I agree, and I'm in the same boat.
    I think I'll buy the 5G 30Gb model and then upgrade at G7 or so!

SUBQUESTION: what's the best way to purchase an iPod [amazon, online apple store, in the apple store, student discount +?]

How do other stores work with the apple care- because thats an obvious requirment as well