time to buy?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by j83com, Apr 4, 2006.

  1. macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2006
    Messages:
    8
    Location:
    Where I live?
    #1
    I've wanted one for a while now.
    I've been waiting for the ipod video but nothing so far...there were rumors a while back about a new ipod coming out...now nothing.
    Should I just go out and get one or wait a little more?
    I really don't want to have a gen.6 come out two weeks later.
    Thanks,
    A
     
  2. macrumors 65816

    rye9

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2005
    Messages:
    1,305
    Location:
    New York (not NYC)
    #2
    At this point, I dont know what to say. Ive been wanting one too and I thought something wouldve come out today, but no. There was even rumors about these two months ago and still nothing. I would imagine one wouldn't come out for maybe two months... why I guess this i dont know... i just doubt something will come out in april or may. So I would probably buy now, I might even do that because I was waiting for the 6G too, but now I don't really expect soon. But like many say, just go out and get it and be happy. I haven't done that yet but it seems like a good idea to me since I've been waiting two months, I might even get mine next week.! :D
     
  3. macrumors 65816

    celebrian23

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2006
    Messages:
    1,186
    Location:
    Under the sun
    #3
    It's hard to say right now. Unlike with the future intel ibook, a video ipod isn't something that eventually they must get around to. They obviously are trying to update everything to intel, but the ipod is more questionable. I agree that you should just buy and be happy- no matter what, your "new" ipod will become old in no time at all anyways.
     
  4. macrumors G4

    dmw007

    Joined:
    May 26, 2005
    Messages:
    10,635
    Location:
    Working for MI-6
    #4
  5. macrumors 68000

    student_trap

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2005
    Messages:
    1,880
    Location:
    'Ol Smokey, UK
    #5
    dam right, buy one and enjoy it, if they were only 40gig instead of 30, i'd join you!
     
  6. macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2006
    Messages:
    4
    Location:
    boston.ma
    #6
    sub question!

    I agree, and I'm in the same boat.
    I think I'll buy the 5G 30Gb model and then upgrade at G7 or so!

    SUBQUESTION: what's the best way to purchase an iPod [amazon, online apple store, in the apple store, student discount +?]

    How do other stores work with the apple care- because thats an obvious requirment as well
     

Share This Page